Valued Contributor

Facial sheet mask recommendations for very sensitive skin?

[ Edited ]

I am intrigued by these and would like to try one, but I am worried about sensitivity issues.  Please share if you have sensitive skin and have found a facial mask that works for you.  Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Facial mask recommendations for very sensitive skin?

@Jen44  There are many different kinds of masks.  What are you looking to accomplish - deep pore cleansing, brightening, moisturizing, etc.?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Jen44  There are many different kinds of masks.  What are you looking to accomplish - deep pore cleansing, brightening, moisturizing, etc.?

@JeanLouiseFinch Oops - that might help.  Initially - I'd like to try ones for moisturizing and brightening. TIA!

Super Contributor

Do you mean a sheet facial mask? 

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Valued Contributor

What is a sheet facial mask?
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuluOnBeauty wrote:

Yes. I should've clarified that.  Long day....  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Jen44 wrote:

@LuluOnBeauty wrote:

Yes. I should've clarified that.  Long day....  Smiley Happy

@Jen44  just had to say you are so smart to have remembered that you can edit the title!  🙌

I don't have sensitive skin but bought a bundle pack of sheet masks on Amazon.  Have only tried a few but they seem pretty tame ( can't think of the word I want to use LOL).  They are moisturizing and super saturated.  I think the name is dermal e or something like that.  

I know there are many out there and some kinda pricey but I tried these just to see if I would like the concept.  Kinda fun!

Honored Contributor

Re: Facial sheet mask recommendations for very sensitive skin?

@Jen44

I've been purchasing multi-packs of sheet masks from Amazon for a couple of years.  Most of the time, when I use them, I will do a peel or deep pore maske first and then follow up with a moisturizing gel mask or one of these sheet masks.  After the alotted time of leaving the sheet mask on, I leave the left behind "liquid" on my face and just massage it in.  The company "Dermal" has an assortment pack, but also lists a multi-pack of the same kind.  They're very inexpensive.  I've found them very nice and never irritating.  The Missha Pure Source sheet masks are nice too.  Again, you can purchase an assortment pack or by a single type; honey, pearl, pomegranate, green tea, tea tree, etc.   

Trusted Contributor

Re: Facial sheet mask recommendations for very sensitive skin?

@JeanLouiseFrench I'm sure we bought the same thing! I'm liking them enough that I will reorder

Honored Contributor

@Chisos  They're usually prepackaged in single use pouches, but they do sell the dry masks separately for people who like to mix up their own treatment liquid.  In the pouches, there is a folded up cotton or cellulose mask with cutouts for eyes, nose and mouth.  It's drenched in a treatment liquid.  The user unfolds the mask and presses it in place and then relaxes for a little while while it works.  When the mask is removed, some of the liquid remains on the face.  That just gets massaged in and then follow up with the rest of the skincare routine.