Honored Contributor

Re: Facial hair removers Question

What will encourage hair growth on your face is using a copper peptide serum. In fact many hair growth products contain copper peptide as an active ingredient to stimulate the hair follicles to produce hair. CP works similar to the way minoxidil works...it's basically a vasodilator which causes increased blood flow to hair follicles leading to increased hair growth.

Honored Contributor

I also have the Panasonic Close Curves.....I was shocked at how MUCH peach fuzz it mowed off........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Ever see bald men getting thicker darker back from shaving their heads?  Believe me, if it worked that way we'd know!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee OH I want to avoid that CP stuff!  Yikes!  Is there a name for it other than Copper Peptide?  

Gotta look out for that!  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SilleeMee OH I want to avoid that CP stuff!  Yikes!  Is there a name for it other than Copper Peptide?  

Gotta look out for that!  Woman Surprised

@Sooner 

One very popular brand here is Isomers Copper P Concentrate Serum. Most serums containing CP will usually have it clearly labeled on the bottle as 'Copper Peptide', Copper-P or sometimes just abbreviated 'CP' or 'Cu'.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When my son was about 10 years old, we were both sitting at the kitchen table and he said, "You have a mustache."  I said, "Yeah, but it's blonde."  He responded, "Yeah, but it's still a mustache."  After that day I NEVER had a mustache again!!!

I tried creams to remove it, but I'm blonde and fair and they caused reddening.  So I've been using an electric shaver since then.  I only have to shave about once a week.

Edited to add:  No, the hair doesn't grow back any differently than before shaving.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   it's not really coarser - but the initial growth feels a bit more spikey than hair that's several days into growth above the skin and that makes us think more hair is growing

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've been shaving my face for eons. If it was true about the hair growing back coarser then I would be sporting a thick beard by now and I'm not.  

I use a Panasonic 'Close Curves' ($20) wet/dry cordless trimmer. Works great everywhere.

Panasonic Electric Shaver for Women, Cordless 3 Blade Razor, Pop-Up Trimmer, Close Curves, Wet Dry Operation, Independent Floating Heads - ES2207P, Opens in a new tab

@SilleeMee   I've been using that same Panasonic for several years.  It's a great razor for a small price.  Highly recommend. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Remember this thing? I still have one and it works. Back in the day I used it on my face and it did a really good job, hurt a little but the hair grew back soft and over time some of the hair didn't come back at all. The new version of the Epilady doesn't hold a candle to the original one.

Full-size item image

Honored Contributor

So, I may be the exception here, but I use the little flip top razors...inexpensive and come in a pack of 3 or 5 from Amazon. No issues with thicker hair growing back thick, coarse or darker.