Esteemed Contributor

Facial hair removers Question

I've watched the presentation of the pop sonic facial remover and wondering if you remove facial hair will it encouerage the hair to grow in coarser?   Has anyone used this product or another type of device like it and what are your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Facial hair removers Question

That's a fallacy. I've used a facial hair remover cream from Avon for the past 30 years or so and it works wonders!

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

hi

@Kitty Galore 

I have heard that, too, about shaving.  It makes hair grow back darker and coarser.  So I have never shaved my face.  But what I do use is an epilator to remove peach fuzz and the rouge whiskers.  lol

I have been doing it for years.  And the frequency has gone down.  Nowadays, I do it every 7-8 weeks or so.  It can be a little painful... around the lip is the worst.  But my hair has grown back softer, finer over the years...  Totally worth it IMO.  My make up lays better, too.  

I use it on my legs, too.  It's not painful at all to me... But I can't use on my under arms.  It is way too painful for me there.  I have tried many times to do it and can't.  

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

I use an emjoi epilator that I bought on the Q years ago.  My hair does not grow back in more coarse but I can't go 7-8 weeks like the other poster said.  Seems like I get it out every couple of weeks but it doesn't take long and agree that my skin care and makeup seems to go on much better.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore   it doesn't increase growth according to my derm.  As the hair grows, it is thicker at the base and therefore feels a bit more, but as it grows and thins you have the same amount of hair you had before you shave.  That makes sense to me.  I have been shaving my legs for about 70 years now - never saw an increase in the amount of hair I had to shave off.

Respected Contributor

I use Flawless by Finishing Touch.  It gets all the hairs off.  I do think it makes the hair more coarse.  But when the other poster said about how it grows back seems to make sense too.  All I know is that it does feel different.  

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops 

Thanks for this explanation!!  Boy I learn so much here.  :-)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

No,hair does not grow back more frequent or coarser if you use a hair remover.  I've used a shaver product to remove peach fuzz from my face for years and have never experienced this.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been shaving my face for eons. If it was true about the hair growing back coarser then I would be sporting a thick beard by now and I'm not.  

I use a Panasonic 'Close Curves' ($20) wet/dry cordless trimmer. Works great everywhere.

Panasonic Electric Shaver for Women, Cordless 3 Blade Razor, Pop-Up Trimmer, Close Curves, Wet Dry Operation, Independent Floating Heads - ES2207P, Opens in a new tab

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've been shaving my face for eons. If it was true about the hair growing back coarser then I would be sporting a thick beard by now and I'm not.  

I use a Panasonic 'Close Curves' ($20) wet/dry cordless trimmer. Works great everywhere.

Panasonic Electric Shaver for Women, Cordless 3 Blade Razor, Pop-Up Trimmer, Close Curves, Wet Dry Operation, Independent Floating Heads - ES2207P, Opens in a new tab

—————————

Best. Shaver. Ever.  😁