Esteemed Contributor

Re: Facial hair removers Question

I used to pluck with tweezers and still do that occasionally.  I use one of those Remington, ball-point pen sized, battery operated shavers - and I use one of the Flawless Finishing Touch circular battery shavers. 

I've always had soft, very blonde hair.  After I used a razor many years ago, I now get thick, wiry black hairs on my upper lip and chin.   Was it because of using a razor?  Who knows?    All I know is for me, my furry blonde hair turned thick and black on my upper lip and chin where I used a razor.  I will never use a razor on the rest of my face because of that.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've been shaving my face for eons. If it was true about the hair growing back coarser then I would be sporting a thick beard by now and I'm not.  

I use a Panasonic 'Close Curves' ($20) wet/dry cordless trimmer. Works great everywhere.

Panasonic Electric Shaver for Women, Cordless 3 Blade Razor, Pop-Up Trimmer, Close Curves, Wet Dry Operation, Independent Floating Heads - ES2207P, Opens in a new tab

@SilleeMee I really like this shaver for my face! I still pluck some coarser hairs, but for over-all facial hair removal this is a good one.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore    I always thought it would grow in darker and coarse.  NEITHER.   Grows back just like it was originally.  I use a razor and sometimes I use this tool I have by Panosonic that was reasonably priced.  So.....................SHAVE AWAY!!!!!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I also have the Panasonic Close Curves.....I was shocked at how MUCH peach fuzz it mowed off........

@Desertdi , hahahaha.  I don't use that particular shaver but I remember the first time I bought one of those Personal Touch devices and used it.  I put a towel on the counter and went to town.  I was shocked, mesmerized and then grossed out that I had been walking around with all that hair. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

So, I may be the exception here, but I use the little flip top razors...inexpensive and come in a pack of 3 or 5 from Amazon. No issues with thicker hair growing back thick, coarse or darker.

@Shanus I have used a regular razor just like I use for shaving my legs, I had a Personal Touch, I have a Forever Flawless and I have used various brands of those Tinkl type razors I get from Amazon.  I've never had an issue either.     

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I also have the Panasonic Close Curves.....I was shocked at how MUCH peach fuzz it mowed off........

@Desertdi , hahahaha.  I don't use that particular shaver but I remember the first time I bought one of those Personal Touch devices and used it.  I put a towel on the counter and went to town.  I was shocked, mesmerized and then grossed out that I had been walking around with all that hair. 

@Lipstickdiva     Well, I gotta tell you....I had thought that my face had "a glow".    Yeah sure......it was the SUN reflecting off all the fuzz...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

I have fine hair, therefore, my mustashe came in fine.  For years I had a wax I would heat up, hold the side of my mouth taunt, and pull.  When it grew again, there were the same blonde hairs.

I eventually used Nair for the Face.

When I started going to the dermatologist, he had an RN that was doing treatments, maybe lazer hair removal.  She could also give me an injection for my adult cystic acne.

I asked her about shaving the mustashe.  She said she got disposable razors and shaved every other night and no, it didn't change the way your hair grows.

I do what is left of mine quite often, with every new blade for my legs.

Of course, someone with thick course hair has heavier thicker leg hair, therefore, a heavier mustashe.