Honored Contributor

Re: Facial cleanser that doesn't burn your eyes

@Nonametoday wrote:

I use Neutrogena cleansing pads for my face and Lancome eye makeup remover for the eyes.  That is what my dermatologist and ophthalmologist recommended when I was getting beyond shingles and was not using the prescription stuff.

Don't be putting it in your eyes or anywhere near!  You should use cleansing pads or tissues to prevent getting it in your eyes and then use an eye makeup remover.  Cleansers, are by their design and purpose, going to burn your eyes unless specifically made for eyes, like the eye makeup removers.

@Nonametoday   My Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil is meant for eye and face makeup. Have used it for many years and doesn't burn my eyes. I don't use waterproof makeup, so harsh scrubbing/wiping necessary.

Respected Contributor

Cetaphil

Regular Contributor

I love Purpose cleanser.  It's a soap free gel that is very gentle.  12 oz is usually between $8 and $9 at CVS.  Although it's specifically a facial cleanser, we also keep it at the sink to use on our hands, particularly in winter.  It's very mild and does not dry out our skin.  My husband is a keyboard musician and dry, cracked hands are something he tries to avoid at all costs.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Beauty 360 gentle eye makeup remover ....I believe it is the CVS store brand.  Give the bottle a quick shake and use a cotton round.  It works great, no tugging needed, and never burns my eyes.

it is inexpensive, and almost always on sale at CVS.  I've used it for several years.

I use the same brand facial cleanser.....get my face wet, stroke cleanser over my face, use Clarisonic, and rinse.  Inexpensive, and works just fine.  My skin is in great shape.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (blue cap). No alcohol, no fragrance.

Respected Contributor

@Rula Lenska I use Cetaphil for all makeup removal, including waterproof eyeliner, and it's never burned my eyes. I've been using it for years.

Just make sure you don't buy the "gentle" formula...that one doesn't remove anything for me, and I don't wear a ton of makeup. I use the "normal to oily" formula.

Honored Contributor

Principal Secret Advanced 4 in 1 cleanser. I've used it faithfully since the 90's. It takes all makeup off, including eye makeup and doesn't burn at al. Great product. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have very sensitive eyes and Dry Eye. I've tried them all and the only one that doesn't burn my eyes is the Heyedrate Eye Makeup Remover Oil (on amazon). Highly recommend this one.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

for everyday makeup removal, the cerave facial cleanser works fine for me.  if i wear more eye makeup than normal, i will use the garnier micellar water and it works just fine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never had a problem with Palmer's Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil. That stuff is awesome! Under $10 for a 6.5-oz bottle and it lasted me over six months!

....and no it doesn't leave your skin feeling oily. It rinses off completely and leaves skin soft, not stripped. Removes eye makeup and everything else. Highly rated wherever it's sold. People love it and have compared it to (Japan's) DHC cleansing oil which is another top-rated but expensive cleanser.