Occasional Contributor

Facial cleanser that doesn't burn your eyes

Any recommendations? I've tried so many, Beekman, Philosophy, etc. but when it gets in my eyes they burn.  I wear eye makeup so it's necessary to remove it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Facial cleanser that doesn't burn your eyes

Try using a microfiber cloth and just warm water.

Honored Contributor

Neutrogena.

Super Contributor

I usually use an eye makeup remover to get most of the eye makeup off before using a facial cleanser.  The one I'm using now if Estee Lauder eye makup remover because I got it in a premium free bag.  It's pretty good, and doesn't burn my eyes.  I think most of the eye makeup removers are safe for eyes and don't burn and I would suggest that in lieu of using a facial cleanser.    I received a cleanser called SkinFix in a sample bag, I really like it.  It is not sold very many places.  

Respected Contributor

@Rula Lenska wrote:

Any recommendations? I've tried so many, Beekman, Philosophy, etc. but when it gets in my eyes they burn.  I wear eye makeup so it's necessary to remove it.

Use an eye makeup remover - they're formulated for eyes and don't burn.

I use CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser to wash my face, but I use a makeup remover first to get rid of makeup.

Honored Contributor

I use Cedaphil, inexpensive and very gentle on the skin

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@Rula Lenska 

Hi I have very sensitve eyes , which became more sensitive after cataract surgey . I have been using a bit of Albolene to remove my eye makeup and sunscreen/makeup etc. , after I wipe it off I do another cleanse with Earth science Ceramedx ( which is the cruelty free version of Cerave) . I started following Dr Dray a young dermatologist who has a youtube channel . She recommended these products , and I have to tell you I am 56 with oliy/acne prone skin and I have seen results since following some of her suggestions . 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone ! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Neutrogena cleansing pads for my face and Lancome eye makeup remover for the eyes.  That is what my dermatologist and ophthalmologist recommended when I was getting beyond shingles and was not using the prescription stuff.

Don't be putting it in your eyes or anywhere near!  You should use cleansing pads or tissues to prevent getting it in your eyes and then use an eye makeup remover.  Cleansers, are by their design and purpose, going to burn your eyes unless specifically made for eyes, like the eye makeup removers.

Regular Contributor

Too Cool for School Egg Mousse SoapI've used this for years - very gentle & does not burn the eyes.

First I use a micro cleasing cloth for the mascara though. This is at Amazon & ulta and lasts a good 6 months.

Respected Contributor

Rula (I giggled at your user name!)  - try baby bath, I use it and it takes everything off my face without a trace and without bothering my eyes.