Valued Contributor

Re: Facial Wipes..... questions

I use Neutrogena but will definitely check out Costco's brand.

Honored Contributor

I like the Oil of Olay for Sensitive Skin wipes. They are just as effective at getting off makeup as my evening ritual. I used them in the hospital a few weeks ago and they did an effective and thorough job. All my makeup came off and they left my skin well moisturized.

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

Do you gals rinse your faces after using the makeup removing towelettes?

@shy bobcat  I personally don't believe in using facial wipes alone, as the only method of cleansing, in an ongoing basis.  I believe good facial cleansing should be addressed in two steps; precleansing with a wipe or micellar water to remove the surface makeup and a more thorough cleansing with an actual cleanser or cleansing oil and water.  There are occasions, however, where I might only use the cleansing cloth (if it's not possible to do an actual facial cleanse or when I'm up really late or so exhausted that I just want to wipe off my face and get in bed), but those occasions don't happen often.

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan

I like Burt's Bees.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I only use wipes when traveling or if I'm too tired to do the whole ritual because I figure it's better than nothing. I also rinse after and apply either Retin A or a moisturizing cream.  Easy two steps when away or too lazy. 

Respected Contributor

@spabar wrote:

Walmart's Equate brand has dupes of a lot of name brands. I use Night=Time Soothing, which compares to Neutrogena Night Calming Cleansing Towelettes.

@spabar I use the Equate equivalent of Simple facial wipes for sensitive skin, and they are very good, as well as inexpensive...plus the Equate pack has 40 wipes as opposed to Simple's 25 or 30!

I use these every night to remove makeup (including eye makeup) and no further rinsing or cleansing is necessary for me.

Esteemed Contributor

As with my other skincare products- I watch the ingredients carefully with wipes. No alcohol, proplene glycol or dmdm hydantoin- also no mineral oils or petrolatum.  That eliminates many choices!

Frequent Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@spabar wrote:

Walmart's Equate brand has dupes of a lot of name brands. I use Night=Time Soothing, which compares to Neutrogena Night Calming Cleansing Towelettes.

@spabar I use the Equate equivalent of Simple facial wipes for sensitive skin, and they are very good, as well as inexpensive...plus the Equate pack has 40 wipes as opposed to Simple's 25 or 30!

I use these every night to remove makeup (including eye makeup) and no further rinsing or cleansing is necessary for me.

@vermint Yes, the price is excellent compared to the major brands. I use many Equate products, and am very satisified.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Respected Contributor

I use the Olay Reginerist Micro-Exfoliating ones, but WM was out last time I went, so I picked up some Simple Mircelle Water ones, regular and exfoliating. I like the Olay for exfoliating since they are so gentle, but the plain Simple ones are nice and about the same cost. The Olay ones are very good for removing makeup, stay moist, and offer a very gentle, daily exfoliation to keep your skin smooth and just scrub the junk off.