Honored Contributor

Re: Facial Sunscreen needed -- nothing oily, greasy, sticky, fragrant, or expensive!

@Desertdi wrote:

I'd like to know, too!    Everything I have tried is drippy, greasy, or has an aroma.......    I'm still looking for the "perfect" one.

@Desertdi

My gosh --- we are told constantly --- wear sunscreen!  You would think that the companies could come up with some better formulas!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Facial Sunscreen needed -- nothing oily, greasy, sticky, fragrant, or expensive!

@chiclet wrote:

I think this might be the hardest product after foundation to find that fits the bill.  I am looking too.  I hate a ton of layers on my combination skin still prone to occasional breakouts at 67 years old.

@chiclet

Me, too! My skin is in a pretty good -- dormant -- state at the moment.  I don't want to upset the applecart!  I hate having a ton of stuff on my skin.  It does not feel good and I don't think it's that good for your skin when you tend to have issues! 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I bought misha sunscreen to try , it is not for me because it feels drying to me , but you might like it.

@goldensrbest

I don't want dry either.  I'd like something that feels sort of like nothing!  Hard to do, I'm sure!  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Do you like crushed mineral makeup - ie. bare minerals powder and the like?  Many of them contain titanium dioxide, which is a sunscreen.  

@JeanLouiseFinch

I use (not all of the time) often Balance & Brighten--- this isn't mineral, is it? At other times, I use a mineral powder over my foundation or concealer.  I don't think that this is probably enough protection though, do you?  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I know this has probably been addressed before but I'm not sure if my exact problem has been, so here goes!

I have been depending on receiving sun protection from the SPF in my makeup and also my regular moisturizer because I have not ever found a sunscreen I can stand!  I can't abide a greasy, sticky feel, or a sunscreen that will pill or roll, when I try to put my primer, foundation, concealer, powder -- what have you -- on! 

I am very fair, and sensitive, age 65, and I need a product that is fragrance free.  

Also, I can't do expensive.  It has to be under $20.  

Another question --- do you use your sunscreen in place of your moisturizer?  Or do you use suncreen first and still your moisturizer?  I am afraid that I am going to start breaking out if I add too many things on.  That's another reason I have been avoiding a separate sunscreen product.  I don't want to look like I have an oil slick on my face either.

I just tried one by CeraVe --- thinking since the regular lotion is so nice and light, this will be. Wrong!  Felt very greasy and heavy.  It's going back!!

Thank you as always for your very good assistance! 

Hi @AngelPuppy1. I use Neutrogena Dry Touch when I’m not using the Skinceuticals Tinted spf. Neutrogena one is emollient enough that I don’t use a moisturizer with it...I don’t find find it to be greasy...be sure to allow all skincare to dry before the next layer...sometimes 5 minutes between moisturizers and a primer & foundation. One reason I eliminated the primer...too much time involved w/ dry down time between products. That’s the one I found was optional for me. Primer is also the one that causes most problems by not playing well...rolling...w/ other moisturizer, foundation.

@Shanus

I am wondering if this is what I might have to do as well.  Not use a moisturizer.  I do like using a primer so I'm not sure.  I kmow if I use a bit more primer than usual, it does kind of pill.  

Honored Contributor

@Marybella wrote:

I was going to recommend the ultra- light moisturizing CeraVe SPF 30 that was recommended to me by an esthetician. I have been using it over a couple of products (hyaluronic acid, daily moisturizer) and it's not greasy at all.

@Marybella

When I bought the other CeraVe the other day, I did not see an ultra-light one.  I will have to look in another store to see if they have it.  I was disappointed with the one I bought, thinking it would be not greasy, but yuck --- didn't like it at all!  

Honored Contributor

@zanna wrote:

@I like Australian Gold Botanical SPF 50 Tinted Face Lotion.  It's also available in untinted and spray, also in SPF30.  Available at Target, Walgreens, Amazon,Ulta, etc., around $13.99.  Ulta has a special right now, buy 1 get 1 @50% off.  I just ordered 4 from ulta.com.  It's one of the few sunscreens that don't irritate my eyes.

@zanna

I don't want a tinted one because I need more coverage --- unfortunately!  Does this one have fragrance?  Fragrance is a no-no for me.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use Neutrogena Ultrasheer Liquid SPF 70. I apply it just under my foundation. But here's the thing...it takes a while to come to a state of dryness and reduced shine. When I first apply it feels and looks oily but not after about 15 to 20 minutes which is the amount of wait-time recommended before going into the sun. 

@SilleeMee

I ususally wait 5 or so minutes before each thing I apply.  But I don't think I have enough time or am patient enough to wait for 15 or 20 minutes.  I know when I used to go out in the sun years ago, I would apply all over sunscreen about 1/2 hour before I went out.  I don't mind waiting about 10 minutes but no more than that.  

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  I like to know, too!! I have not found any facial sunscreen taht is oily, gresay, heavy and heavily fragranced.

@momoftwo2007

I know, right?  Very frustrating!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

Angie on Hot & Flashy on YouTube just put out a very helpful video this morning that you might find very helpful.

Aside from her recommendations on mineral sunscreens, I highly recommend trying some of the Asian sunscreens as they have excellent UV filters that have not yet been approved here in the US.  They're very reasonably priced and are available on Amazon.  I just ordered the Hada Labo white gel sunscreen yesterday, which comes from Japan but there are many.

@Texasmouse

I like Angie so I will look this up!  As for the Asian ones, have you ordered the Hada Labor one before?  Just curious how it is.