Honored Contributor

Re: Facial Sunscreen needed -- nothing oily, greasy, sticky, fragrant, or expensive!

@Beccaboone2 wrote:

I just had to reply to your thread as I have been down this road and it's frustrating.  I am very fair, with super sensitive skin AND an extreme sensitivity to sun.  My skin is sensitive but tends to be a bit oily, and I have always had to be careful what I put on it and cleanse with.

After much trial and error, I determined that I could really only tolerate a physical sunscreen (or mostly physical).  Then I tried dozens at all price points.  The one I've used for years now is Dr. Denese Day Creme SPF 30.  Now, this is definitely more than $20, BUT.....I truly think it could replace many of your products you currently use.  I only wear the Dr. Denese and sometimes will dust a thin application of colorless finishing powder over the whole face but honestly, I rarely if ever need to do that.  I live in a hot, humid climate, and my face has never burned with the Dr. Denese.  I use it every single day, and the tint evens out my skin.  I am NOT exaggerating when I tell you I get compliments on my skin 4/5 work days a week.  I work in the medical field and am often very close to patients, and am told my skin is flawless.  I have never worn foundation, or primers, or any of that, just the Dr. Denese.  I urge you to at least consider it.  I feel like I went through so much to find a product that works with my skin and does what it is supposed to without the negative side effects. and for me Dr. Denese is it.

@Beccaboone2@- I wish I could buy a trial size somewhere.  It's 75.00 and right now it's 5 @ 15.00.  But I know it's a great product.  Plenty of good reviews.  I could probably use it in place of foundation and just apply a finishing powder as you stated.  Have you seen travel sizes anywhere?

Respected Contributor

Re: Facial Sunscreen needed -- nothing oily, greasy, sticky, fragrant, or expensive!

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Beccaboone2 wrote:

I just had to reply to your thread as I have been down this road and it's frustrating.  I am very fair, with super sensitive skin AND an extreme sensitivity to sun.  My skin is sensitive but tends to be a bit oily, and I have always had to be careful what I put on it and cleanse with.

After much trial and error, I determined that I could really only tolerate a physical sunscreen (or mostly physical).  Then I tried dozens at all price points.  The one I've used for years now is Dr. Denese Day Creme SPF 30.  Now, this is definitely more than $20, BUT.....I truly think it could replace many of your products you currently use.  I only wear the Dr. Denese and sometimes will dust a thin application of colorless finishing powder over the whole face but honestly, I rarely if ever need to do that.  I live in a hot, humid climate, and my face has never burned with the Dr. Denese.  I use it every single day, and the tint evens out my skin.  I am NOT exaggerating when I tell you I get compliments on my skin 4/5 work days a week.  I work in the medical field and am often very close to patients, and am told my skin is flawless.  I have never worn foundation, or primers, or any of that, just the Dr. Denese.  I urge you to at least consider it.  I feel like I went through so much to find a product that works with my skin and does what it is supposed to without the negative side effects. and for me Dr. Denese is it.

@Beccaboone2@- I wish I could buy a trial size somewhere.  It's 75.00 and right now it's 5 @ 15.00.  But I know it's a great product.  Plenty of good reviews.  I could probably use it in place of foundation and just apply a finishing powder as you stated.  Have you seen travel sizes anywhere?

@San Antonio Gal, I wish I could try a trial-sized one too. I like using tinted moisturizers, bb creams, etc. for the evening-out of color, rather than a foundation. (Btw, I'm in San Antonio too. Smiley Happy)

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse- Lol...I'm not in San Antonio anymore!  Loved that place.  I didn't want to change my name and start over on the forum! 

Super Contributor

The only thing I can think of to try a smaller size is look on ebay....I know that is sort of taking a chance on getting the authentic product but if you review the seller and their reviews, I think that is your best bet to find a smaller size.  I've done that a couple of times to buy a smaller tube for travel, and I"ve had good luck with getting what I consider authentic product.  Make sure to ask about the product expiration date if it's not included with the listing.  I also always buy the tube, never buy it in the tub (you have to dip your finger in the tub to get it out vs. squeeze it out of the tube).  Also worth noting - it is $75 for a 4 oz tube but that lasts months and months with wearing it every single day, so it really is more affordable than you initially think it is (if you can stop using primer, foundation, etc.  I don't even use a moisturizer - just the Dr. Denese and my cleanser).  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@lavenderfields wrote:

At 55, I have combination skin.  The only sunscreen I can use is Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30 that I purchase at Lucky Vitamin dot com.  It has very clean ingredients, isn't greasy, doesn't break me out, and has broad spectrum protection.  I do use a botanical oil first (sometimes a light moisturizer, too, because some days I'm drier than others).  Then I apply the sunscreeen.  

At Lucky Vitamin or Vitacost it's usually around $15.00 for 1.7 oz. 

@lavenderfields

Sounds very nice.  Is this a good company to deal with -- Lucky Vitamin??

Yes, lucky vitamin is a good sight.

And Devita products are really good.

Not full of a lot of chemicals (junk!).

I use their Solar Body Block on my face and my body.

No sense just protecting your face!  Use it all over.

The tube is pretty big.  I carry it with me everywhere I go and reapply to arms and hands and even my thighs when I'm wearing shorts or a skirt when driving.

That sun will get ya!  Protect yourself and if you can help it, stay away from the chemical ones.

Regular Contributor

@AngelPuppy1
I have not read a lot of the prior posts so I don’t know what has been recommended but I recommend Neutrogena clear face break out free liquid lotion sunscreen broad-spectrum SPF 30. I’ve tried everything over the years and at times think that I have found something but then over a few months it’s either too oily or I break out or ...you know the story. This sunscreen I’ve been using for a couple years now. I know all skin is different but this really worked for me. 🐣
Honored Contributor

@Tweetybrd wrote:
@AngelPuppy1
I have not read a lot of the prior posts so I don’t know what has been recommended but I recommend Neutrogena clear face break out free liquid lotion sunscreen broad-spectrum SPF 30. I’ve tried everything over the years and at times think that I have found something but then over a few months it’s either too oily or I break out or ...you know the story. This sunscreen I’ve been using for a couple years now. I know all skin is different but this really worked for me. 🐣

@Tweetybrd

Thanks, I appreciate it.  I am glad you found one that did the job for you! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Contributor

I use Elta MD spf 45 sunscreen for face and body. It contains zinc oxide and a chemical sunscreen. It doesn't irritate the skin, is not greasy and doesn't leave a white cast. I just bought for $25 a tube, and the tube lasts a while. It goes well under makeup. You can buy on many online sites. I have tried so many sunscreens and so far this is the best I have found.