Honored Contributor

Re: Facial Essence - Do you use it? Recommendations?

This is the K beauty essence sold at HSN. $50 for 5 oz 

The Beauty Spy Dr. Tree Volu 10 Essence
685-063
The Beauty Spy Dr. Tree Volu 10 Essence

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl ,

I have used and like two essences:  Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence and SK-II Facial Treatment Essence.  Both are more expensive than the Skinn essence.

I purchased the Missha essence at Target, of all places, but they no longer carry it.  Their K-beauty inventory constantly changes.  I also purchased a Whamisa by Glow Recipe Green Tea Serum Toner at Target but it's also no longer available.  The Whamisa product is like a watery essence even though it is labeled as a toner.  Many of the K-beauty toners are interchangeable with essences, it just depends on the ingredient deck.

I purchased the SK-II essence at my Costco warehouse but also online (better price/larger size than department store/Sephora).  The Missha essence is often mentioned as the less expensive dupe to the SK-II essence.  Both have the same watery consistency and I like them equally well.

Another toner/essence that I like is Stem Antioxidant Toning Infusion.  Purchased this at Costco online but it's no longer available on their website.  Costco's K-beauty inventory constantly changes, too.

Honored Contributor

@River Song wrote:

@Chi-town girl ,

I have used and like two essences:  Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence and SK-II Facial Treatment Essence.  Both are more expensive than the Skinn essence.

I purchased the Missha essence at Target, of all places, but they no longer carry it.  Their K-beauty inventory constantly changes.  I also purchased a Whamisa by Glow Recipe Green Tea Serum Toner at Target but it's also no longer available.  The Whamisa product is like a watery essence even though it is labeled as a toner.  Many of the K-beauty toners are interchangeable with essences, it just depends on the ingredient deck.

I purchased the SK-II essence at my Costco warehouse but also online (better price/larger size than department store/Sephora).  The Missha essence is often mentioned as the less expensive dupe to the SK-II essence.  Both have the same watery consistency and I like them equally well.

Another toner/essence that I like is Stem Antioxidant Toning Infusion.  Purchased this at Costco online but it's no longer available on their website.  Costco's K-beauty inventory constantly changes, too.

@River Song  -  thank you for the essence recommendations, shopping tips + details! I'm adding the products to my list to review.

I also need to look at Costco online and regularly. Others have posted about good online beauty and wellness Costco values. Didn't realize Target sold K beauty.  

I haven't purchased it...yet - This K beauty DHC lip cream (botanicals) is at Costco  - a trio for $20. It's supposedly a big seller

imageService (1).jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I never go without using as Essence but I learned something a long time ago that we don't need to spend a lot of money on an Essence. SK-11 makes one that is off the chart in price that comes to mind. I like Skinn's Skin Softening Essence, Kitao Essence and Peach and Lily Essence. They all do basically the same thing and no need to spend upwards of $50 for one. I don't use a cotton pad either just pour into my hands. Don't want the cotton soaking any of it up. Also after applying I immediately start putting on my serum while my face is still damp.