Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Well, it seems my beloved Dr. Young's Camellia OIl cleanser is no longer being carried by Amazon and I can't find it anywhere except overseas companies that charge exhorbitant shipping charges.  I wasn't satisfied with the Wandering Seoul product, and I'm not paying Tatcha prices.

So. since @SilleeMee recommends the Palmer's facial cleansing oil (although it does not contain Camellia Oil), I thought I would try that one.  Couldn't find it at my local Target or Walgreens, so back to Amazon I go.  Question is, which one is it?  There's an Ultra Gentle Facial Cleansing OIl and there's Skin Therapy Cleasng Oil Face.  Also considering the Bare Minerals product with gets good reviews, but looks like a lot of chemical ingredients.  

@Icegoddess  I love camellia cleansing oil and use the Tatcha.  Sad that Dr Young's is no longer on Amazon as I used that and loved it too.  I did a search for a dupe for Tatcha and this was written about....you can see it on Amazon....KOSE SOFTYMO Speedy Cleansing Oil.  Just a suggestion.

@Misplaced Parisian I'm probably being too picky, but I prefer a product without silicones, but the PEG is really a non-starter for me.  Everybody else worries about parabens, but I worry about PEGs.

@Icegoddess  No worries.  It was merely a suggestion in an attempt to help

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee I ordered this because of a recommend from you.  I have to say it is the only thing you have suggested that I didn't care for.  I just didn't feel like it removed my make up very well and I felt like I was left with a film.  I  realize everyone can't like the same things.  

I have used Josie's oil cleanser in the past and liked it, but apparently not enough to keep purchasing it.  I have moved on LOL Woman Wink.

@tends2dogs 

It makes me happy that you try stuff based on my recommendations. I'm flattered! Not everything I try works for me either. I try new things mostly because of the reviews I read about them. I've had pretty good luck that way. But sometimes it's a miss. Better luck next time.

So what have you 'moved on' to? Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess I use Burt's Bee's Cleansing Oil.  I bought at mini travel size to try first, and I liked it and purchased the full size. So, I would recommend that you get a mini size before you commit to a full size.

Respected Contributor

I tried Burts bees oil cleanser but to me, it felt like it left a residue and didn't rinse clean-  I use DHC and that's great but not inexpensive... I have super dry skin and love oil cleansers also. They don't leave thatight feeling-Thx for everyone's recommendations! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Facial Cleansing Oil

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee I have been using Biore gel charcoal cleanser.  I have to get it on Amazon now because they no longer sell it in stores.  I like it because it cuts through make up in one wash.  It also cuts through Josie's SPF face lotion.  That stuff is a bit tough to get cleaned out of pores.  It isn't drying either.  I don't always rewash my face in the morning, but refresh with one of the essense pads that I got from HSN.  They are from Korea.  I really like those, too, but they aren't made for cleansing.  They are more of a toner/moisturizing boost.

I am also enjoying the ceramides you suggested.  Alas, they didn't help my DH's dry mouth. Woman Sad

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Thanks! @tends2dogs  I'm going to try that Biore. The price is right. Which version do you use?

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee Charcoal pore minimizer.  It is a gel and has a pump that distributes the right amount for one washing.   It comes in a two pack on Amazon.  It says on the front it is good for oily skin.  My skin isn't really oily and it hasn't dried it out. I hope you like it!

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Is it this one?

41Uw7iD+UmL._SY355_.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  Yes, that is the one!

Respected Contributor

I use Dermalogica's PreCleanse. It is a very nice cleansing oil that rinses clean and does remove makeup.