Honored Contributor

Well, it seems my beloved Dr. Young's Camellia OIl cleanser is no longer being carried by Amazon and I can't find it anywhere except overseas companies that charge exhorbitant shipping charges.  I wasn't satisfied with the Wandering Seoul product, and I'm not paying Tatcha prices.

So. since @SilleeMee recommends the Palmer's facial cleansing oil (although it does not contain Camellia Oil), I thought I would try that one.  Couldn't find it at my local Target or Walgreens, so back to Amazon I go.  Question is, which one is it?  There's an Ultra Gentle Facial Cleansing OIl and there's Skin Therapy Cleasng Oil Face.  Also considering the Bare Minerals product with gets good reviews, but looks like a lot of chemical ingredients.  

Super Contributor

Re: Facial Cleansing Oil

[ Edited ]

Have you tried the Beekman 1802 18+02 oil?  It is really nice, light, leaves your skin feeling so clean and fresh.
Bare Minerals is all clean beauty, as is Beekman, neither company use any junk like other companies do.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

It's the Skin Therapy version.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee I ordered this because of a recommend from you.  I have to say it is the only thing you have suggested that I didn't care for.  I just didn't feel like it removed my make up very well and I felt like I was left with a film.  I  realize everyone can't like the same things.  

I have used Josie's oil cleanser in the past and liked it, but apparently not enough to keep purchasing it.  I have moved on LOL Woman Wink.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Well, it seems my beloved Dr. Young's Camellia OIl cleanser is no longer being carried by Amazon and I can't find it anywhere except overseas companies that charge exhorbitant shipping charges.  I wasn't satisfied with the Wandering Seoul product, and I'm not paying Tatcha prices.

So. since @SilleeMee recommends the Palmer's facial cleansing oil (although it does not contain Camellia Oil), I thought I would try that one.  Couldn't find it at my local Target or Walgreens, so back to Amazon I go.  Question is, which one is it?  There's an Ultra Gentle Facial Cleansing OIl and there's Skin Therapy Cleasng Oil Face.  Also considering the Bare Minerals product with gets good reviews, but looks like a lot of chemical ingredients.  

@Icegoddess   If you enjoy an oil cleanser, why not try coconut oil? My DD turned me on to it and giving it a "try out" to replace my BB cleansing oil. It's solid in a jar, organic, at Trader Joe's, WholeFoods and other such places. Price is right and leaves skin quite soft and moisturized. So far, so good for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess   If you enjoy an oil cleanser, why not try coconut oil? My DD turned me on to it and giving it a "try out" to replace my BB cleansing oil. It's solid in a jar, organic, at Trader Joe's, WholeFoods and other such places. Price is right and leaves skin quite soft and moisturized. So far, so good for me. 

@Shanus I would be concerned about the comedogenic properties of coconut oil.  While my skin is rather nice now, I do get a zit on occasion and had a terrible time with it when I was a teenager.  Pregnancy seemed to clear it up, but I don't want to invite it back.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess   Here are a few DIY recipes for oil cleansing from theoilcleansingmethod.com site.

I'm sure the name brands/blends out there are good, but gosh, I cannot see paying for all that, when you can get fab results from your own blend. Note that castor is a part of all the recipes, as this is the oil with drawing properties.

Cleansing Oil Blends

Oil Cleansing Recipe for Oily Skin
30% castor oil
70% sunflower oil

Oil Cleansing Recipe for Acne Prone Skin
20% castor oil
40% sunflower oil
40% grapeseed oil

Oil Cleansing Recipe for Normal Skin
20% castor oil
80% sunflower oil

Oil Cleansing Recipe for Dry Skin
10% castor oil (use less for ultra dry skin)
30% sunflower oil
60% avocado oil

Oil Cleansing Recipe for Aging Skin
10% castor oil
10% sunflower oil
40% evening primrose oil
40% rosehip seed oil

Just a note about coconut....I've seen opposing views about it being comedogenic. The problem is it has a too alkaline pH....? Which some say, is not beneficial for cleansing skin. Can anyone add to this?

Trusted Contributor

I don't know why, but I cannot use coconut oil as a cleanser.  For some reason it burns and dries out my face.  It causes me too pain.  I know, I'm an odd ball.  Story of my life. 

I use Tatcha and had used the Dr. Young.  Sorry to see that Amazon no longer carries the Dr Young.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess  I love camellia cleansing oil and use the Tatcha.  Sad that Dr Young's is no longer on Amazon as I used that and loved it too.  I did a search for a dupe for Tatcha and this was written about....you can see it on Amazon....KOSE SOFTYMO Speedy Cleansing Oil.  Just a suggestion.

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess  I love camellia cleansing oil and use the Tatcha.  Sad that Dr Young's is no longer on Amazon as I used that and loved it too.  I did a search for a dupe for Tatcha and this was written about....you can see it on Amazon....KOSE SOFTYMO Speedy Cleansing Oil.  Just a suggestion.

@Misplaced Parisian I'm probably being too picky, but I prefer a product without silicones, but the PEG is really a non-starter for me.  Everybody else worries about parabens, but I worry about PEGs.