Super Contributor

What types of face rejuvenation have you had other than surgery? It seems that no matter which creams, serums, etc. are on the market they only achieve good for the company and not me.  Now I wonder if there are procedures that YOU have had that are not creams, serums, etc that actually worked for you.  I pretty much have given up on so-called cosmetics.  Please let us in on your secrets. Thank so much. 

Contributor

Well. . . I have to say, I have a wonderful woman that I go to that does very conservative touch ups to help me feel better.  She does botox around my eyes. She does my lips and nasolabial folds. She did injectibles under my eyes to help with the recessed area that really aged me.  Again, very conservative procedures and everything totals about $1,000.  I feel better when I look better and at 65 I am still working with very young coworkers so want to keep looking my best until I retire in December!  FInd someone that you trust, that maybe one of your friends has gone to and if you decide to go for it, go for it!  Creams and such will not do what needed to be done for me.  If you want any more information about what she uses, I will get it for you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Face ''rejuvination''?

[ Edited ]

Each person has different issues or concerns. I went to a dermatologist for a consultation so I could see what my options were. I ended up having a lower face laser lift, laser skin tightening on my upper/lower lids and neck. This was years ago. Technology has changed and so has the prices.

I've also had professional microneedling. I'm currently doing that myself and have been for over a decade. It keeps my skin firm and smooth.

Esteemed Contributor

Filler and botox. I have had different fillers. I've had fillers done by a dermatogist, and nurse practioner and a plastic surgeon. The only one I will let do them is a plastic surgeon. For some reason, when the other people did the fillers, after not very long they migrated, one eye had a horrible bag under it. It was not a good look. I had to go back and have another injection of something to make them disolve. 

Also, chemical peels and facial toning, similar to the nuface trinity, done at a local skin spa. Doing the chemical peels on a regular basis really helped my skin. I ordered chemical peels online, but its not the same. 

These things did make a difference, both in the way I looked and my self confidence. I need to go back. The only reason I stopped was covid.

Esteemed Contributor

I know you were not asking about creams, but the one that has had the most bang for the buck was perricone neuropeptide facial cream. I can tell a difference when I use it. I have spent a small fortune on things trying to look younger or just good that didn't work. 

Nothing has helped as much as procedures done by a well trained professional. 

Honored Contributor

No surgical procedures, no fillers, no procedures on my face.  Other places yes, but not my face.  I would like to do a facial firming laser-type procedure, but the only one I have found in my area is Fraxel and I hear it is quite painful.  There are others out there, just not locally that have my interest.  I have looked at microcurrent and other devices of that type, but really don't think I would be dedicated to the time involved.

Respected Contributor

I had the Fraxel laser done on my face a long time ago and it made a huge difference.  Really helped sun damage and tightening. And yes it hurt.  Had an eye lift around then as well because my family has really droopy folds above the eye lid and I had people telling me that I looked "mad" a lot.  Also got tired of having my eyeliner rubbing off under my brows.   Since then all I do is Botox and use my Tria at home laser and Nuface.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I had a client come in yesterday who REALLY went  overboard w/ Botox and fillers. I hardly recognized her!!!  Way overdone...too much, IMO. 

Her forehead and around her mouth wasn't moving when she talked. Her cheeks looked a chipmunck. She said it was her first time with both. Her medi spa had a special and she took advantage of the discounts per injections. 

Honored Contributor

I can say that with Botox, etc. you are not going to look like you are 20 again.  A face lift with an excellent doctor will probably be your best bet.  I have seen some Hollywood stars that received work on their face and look horrible so you have to know the doctor's track record.  Kim Novak for one looks a mess and she was so pretty when she was younger and even growing old except she went to the wrong doctor.  One person that got a great face lift was Kris Jenner and she actually looks younger and she is 65.  I won't be getting any cosmetic work -- that is, I am going with the flow.  I have really good skin so I do have one plus.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I can say that with Botox, etc. you are not going to look like you are 20 again.  A face lift with an excellent doctor will probably be your best bet.  I have seen some Hollywood stars that received work on their face and look horrible so you have to know the doctor's track record.  Kim Novak for one looks a mess and she was so pretty when she was younger and even growing old except she went to the wrong doctor.  One person that got a great face lift was Kris Jenner and she actually looks younger and she is 65.  I won't be getting any cosmetic work -- that is, I am going with the flow.  I have really good skin so I do have one plus.

@Katcat1   I've spent decades caring for my skin and finding makeup that's a comfortable look for me. I have done peels on myself, but that's about it. I believe that, for me, aging gracefully is the way to go. 

I've seen so many botched face lifts and other procedures, I've been scared off. There's no turning back from those.