Regular Contributor

Hi all, 

I've not worn spf since March 13 because I am always wearing a polyester face mask and I figured it would rub off.  Unfortunately I have four tubes of premium face spf which expire in Sept.

Anyway, my face seems much tighter and less saggy.  I'm usually outside for <2 hours a day with my dog, and it seems even if the poly isn't the greatest germ mask, it is protecting collagen in my skin from aging.

What a surprise,

Seannie

Honored Contributor

That's great!  Something positive about it any way!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

You should always wear spf, mask ,or no mask.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

You should always wear spf, mask ,or no mask.

I agree - you should always wear suncreen.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't forgo the SPF!  No Ma'am. 

For one thing, your entire face/neck isn't protected by the mask.  Unless your spf is tinted, why care about it getting on your mask?  Can be laundered out easily--either way.

Secondly, they say if you can hold a piece of clothing up to the sun and see sunlight through it, then the sun is penetrating the material.  

Plus, I don't think the *rewards* of firmer skin would be that immediate--and from two months of wear a mask?

But as far as those tubes, I'd use them on the rest of my body.  Unless they are tinted of course, I guess that could get yucky.

Honored Contributor

I have used expired sunscreen on my body.  I know its working because I don't turn red.  I wear a large face watch and the best skin on my arms is under that face.  No lines, no dryness, no bumps that need exfoliating.  It just proves how harsh the environment is on our skin.  

Respected Contributor

I still wear my SPF whether I have a mask on or not. Putting it on is just second nature for me. Besides if I am out with my dog for a walk or playiing in the yard I don't wear a mask. I don't walk in an area that I have to worry about social distancing.