Respected Contributor

Face highlighters on steroids

[ Edited ]

Watching the MAC beauty show, 1:00 am Saturday. The host, models and reps all have a "tin man" look. Yikes. I mean the lights are literally bouncing off their shiny faces. 
Definitely not for me.  As for as the brand, I recently bought the set of three lipsticks. Like them a lot. 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

Re: Face highlighters on steroids

[ Edited ]

Agree, the highlighter isdefinitely over applied and so is Katrina's over the top, maxed out black eye makeup.  Before anyone jumps on me, I'm always a big Katrina fan.  If Mac is such a huge Hollywood red carpet brand they should know how to apply makeup for HD TV.

Honored Contributor

I thought Katrina and the MAC ladies all looked great.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother   I'm not a big highlighter fan, either. Keep in mind the hosts are still doing their own makeup and many not that great. SK with RMS? She was so over done to be talking about a natural, clean, minimal brand!!!

Respected Contributor

I love MAC cosmetics, although I don't wear much makeup now with having to wear a mask everywhere I go.

Funny story about MAC.  Many years ago, I wanted a liquid make-up with good coverage, and at The Broadway department store, they had a nice make-up area (like Sephora is now), and I asked a clerk at another beauty counter about how their make-up compared to MAC since I was trying to figure out which kind to buy, and the lady told me that MAC was used by drag queens (thinking I wouldn't be impressed), and I figured if it was good enough coverage for them, it would work for me!

And their brushes and compact powder are the best I have found.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

For the record, I'm not opposed to a bit of glow from highlighter. I often use one, have highlighters in both stick and powder forms. But I use them sparingly- a touch on the cheekbones, just above each eyebrow. Enough for a visual lift. Not enough to look shiny or masky and certainly not applied over my entire face. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Weird. I didn’t think either of them looked too shiny or overhighlighted.
Honored Contributor

I would never wear any of the shiny, shimmery or "dewy" highlighters.  To me they look either artificial or sweaty. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner    Agree 100%.  Sweating profusely comes to my mind when I see that look.  Remember when we rushed to the ladies' room to powder noses when we got that look?  Now they promote it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought Katrina looked really pretty last night, but I was really impressed Friday night with Mally. Katrina was wearing Mally's new foundation, and I was so tempted to buy it from how lovely Katrina looked.