Super Contributor

Emjoi Emjoi Emjoi      I have been using it for over a year.   Yes it hurts at first but after awhile it lessens and so does the hair.   I only use the Emjoi on my face now once a week and probably don't even need that much but I hate any hair even tiny tiny ones.  I use it at night and then a good hydrating night cream (philosophy) and I just feel so much better.

Give it a try and stay with it and you will be happier. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Face Shaving...help!

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

My goodness how much hair are we talking about here?? I would NEVER resort to shaving my face! Huh?? Why would any woman want to even start this practice? I always figured I was just a normal woman with the normal amount of facial hair. I have found a great cream depilatory the past few years that works fabulous on my unwanted hairs. What do your husbands say when they touch your face and you have stubble? We women have enough issues to live with without stacking beard subble on top it all. Wow.

Many, many women (including Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe) have shaved their faces. I've heard that even Cleopatra did so! It's been discussed on these forums a number of times.

My husband would have a lot more to say about me having a beard than about me having stubble...which he's never mentioned. I have a good many coarse, black hairs on my chin and under my jawline, plus fine, dark hair in my sideburn area, upper lip. lower face, and under my jawline. Then there's the blonde fuzz on my cheeks. I had two very hairy parents that blessed me with their genes...great for the hair on my head, not so good for my face, lol!

I tried depilatories, and all they ever did was severly irritate my skin, leaving the hair. Waxing also was very irritating. Laser is too expensive, not to mention uncertain results. Now I epilate every couple of weeks, but many of my coarser hairs grow somewhat under the skin and do not stick out far enough for the epilator to grab. I have to tweeze any number of hairs every. single. day. I shave with an electric razor, also every day, to keep the fine, dark hairs and cheek fuzz under control between epilations. Different hairs are on different cycles, so the epi doesn't get the same ones every time. Epilating has helped my upper lip tremendously.

Don't be critical of what others do until you've been there yourself, please. I'd give anything not to have to deal with this problem, and I'm sure many other women feel the same way.