Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Face Oils - Which One - I Need Help Please

@Mistic wrote:

I'm seeing through your suggestions that "less seems to be more" -  as in using single oils, as opposed to a bottle full of many oils mixed together.   Also, I appreciate the info on where to buy different oils that don't cost so much.  Smiley Happy

@Mistic, I much prefer an oil blend (Paula's Choice). I think that you reap more benefits with a well-constructed blend and maybe even lessen the risk of having asnadverse or ineffective result.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@suzyQ3,

I was concerned, too, about the citrus in the Olivella. But when I looked at the type of citrus oil used, the kind they used does not exhibit phototoxicity. Apparently not all citrus oils are the same and some of them are exceptionally good anti-inflammatory and antioxidant oils. 

That lavender oil is one of the last ingredients on their list and I'll venture to say that it is there as a natural preservative which might not be a bad thing if you consider some of the alternatives.

Is the chai seed oil ,no longer working for you? I still like it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Mistic  Check out Marula oil.  I use Acure Organics brand.  It has brought my skin to a normal state.  Do a little research and read up on it.  It's much lighter than argan and absorbs quickly.  I use nightly.  Place a drop in the palm of your hand and rub hands together and press onto face, repeat if necessary.  Cat Very HappyHeart

I like their shampoo,for volume,and their body lotion  every day eczema lotion, even though i do not have eczema.

Valued Contributor

I have had great success with Palmer's Oil for the face and Accure Organics Marula Oil.  Palmer's can be found just about anywhere and the price is decent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@suzyQ3,

I was concerned, too, about the citrus in the Olivella. But when I looked at the type of citrus oil used, the kind they used does not exhibit phototoxicity. Apparently not all citrus oils are the same and some of them are exceptionally good anti-inflammatory and antioxidant oils. 

That lavender oil is one of the last ingredients on their list and I'll venture to say that it is there as a natural preservative which might not be a bad thing if you consider some of the alternatives.

@goldensrbest

I use it occasionally. But it seems not be absorbing enough and my skin feels a bit oilier than I would like. I tried using less but that doesn't help. I don't think it's the oil. I think my skin is just weird...seriously.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@suzyQ3,

@goldensrbest

I use it occasionally. But it seems not be absorbing enough and my skin feels a bit oilier than I would like. I tried using less but that doesn't help. I don't think it's the oil. I think my skin is just weird...seriously.

I wonder if the fact that oils do not absorb,could be from your skin disease.

Esteemed Contributor

Elizabeth Arden....8 Hour All Over Miracle Oil. Can be used on face, body and even dry, frizzy hair. I love the brand and the product - available online and in B&M stores like Macy's, Dillards, etc.

Respected Contributor

For those who prefer an oil blend, Olay has a nice one: Olay Regenerist Luminous Face Oil. Perfume free and dye free. And reasonably priced.

This is one of the brands I have myself.