Honored Contributor

Re: Face Oils - Which One - I Need Help Please

I think my skin is weird because every single oil I have ever tried never seems to absorb into my skin. Argan oil actually made my skin dry out...that can happen so I've heard. After going through so many different kinds of oils, I'm about to just give up. 

As one final attempt at finding an oil that might work for me, I ran across this Olivella Moisturizer Oil and the reviews for it are super good. In fact t's a customer pick here on the Q. But don't buy it here...Amazon has it for less and that's exactly where I am headed.

Olivella All Natural Virgin Olive Oil Moisturizer  $15

moisturizer_all_web.jpg

0795070_17272551.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think my skin is weird because every single oil I have ever tried never seems to absorb into my skin. Argan oil actually made my skin dry out...that can happen so I've heard. After going through so many different kinds of oils, I'm about to just give up. 

As one final attempt at finding an oil that might work for me, I ran across this Olivella Moisturizer Oil and the reviews for it are super good. In fact t's a customer pick here on the Q. But don't buy it here...Amazon has it for less and that's exactly where I am headed.

Olivella All Natural Virgin Olive Oil Moisturizer  $15

moisturizer_all_web.jpg

0795070_17272551.jpg

@SilleeMee, I'm surprised to see the inclusion of citrus and particularly lavendar oil. They can potentially be irritating.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Wow Ladies!  Thank You!  Just got home, and I see so many replies.  I appreciate all your help, and will be checking out your suggestions.  THANKS!!!  Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

100% Pure Sweet Almond Oil

Respected Contributor

So much to check out, and the different ways you use your Oil's will help me out, too.  I exfoliate regularly.  I am going to try adding what Oil I have on hand with my moisturizer, as some of you suggested.  I've not tried that.  Maybe I am using too much, also?

Thanks All for helping me.  Smiley Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Regular Contributor

Thanks Kathylatte for the .Ressurection  oil tip.  Just ordered it.  I remember Lisa was a real fan of Denese hydroshield. My skin is sooo  flakey every morning no matter what I use at night.  68 yrs. old.  Also sensitive.  

Respected Contributor

I'm seeing through your suggestions that "less seems to be more" -  as in using single oils, as opposed to a bottle full of many oils mixed together.   Also, I appreciate the info on where to buy different oils that don't cost so much.  Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Your welcome turquoisebb. Its a great oil

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3,

I was concerned, too, about the citrus in the Olivella. But when I looked at the type of citrus oil used, the kind they used does not exhibit phototoxicity. Apparently not all citrus oils are the same and some of them are exceptionally good anti-inflammatory and antioxidant oils. 

That lavender oil is one of the last ingredients on their list and I'll venture to say that it is there as a natural preservative which might not be a bad thing if you consider some of the alternatives.

Occasional Contributor

Paula's Choice Moisture Renewal Oil Booster is awesome! No scent so I can use it under my eyes!!! I have wanted to try Josie's Argan Milk. It also gets good reviews on sites that talk about the ingredients.

Good Luck!