Respected Contributor

Re: Face Oils - Which One - I Need Help Please

The only oil I've been using on my face for several years now is Squalane Oil, which I get from Garden of Wisdom.  I love Josie's body butters on my body after a shower, but the plain argan oil made my face break out, so I just use the single ingredient squalane oil.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am an oil freak if there is such a thing.  Right now I have a super size 6oz of Josie's argan oil, Wen's Pomegranate Rosemary, Dr. Denese's lipid infusion oil, Korres Rose oil, Boscia's Tsubaki (which is currently discontinued), Drunk Elephant's Marula, Earth's Nectar Jojoba and Tea Tree Scalp Oil and I still have a tiny bit of Tatcha's oil.  I use different oils for different things: hair, under makeup, to mix with my face moisturizer, for my scalp, for my feet, for my cuticles, for my legs, to help me heal if I get a cut or bug bite, etc.  I find that Josie's is amazing for my hair and body, same as Wen's oil.  Earth's Nectar I use only on my scalp.  Tatcha's, Boscia's and Korres' are amazing under makeup or to add to those foundations that are too heavy.  Drunk Elephant I like to help me heal any wounds, bites or acne scars, but for my face definitely Dr. Denese.  It absorbs quickly.  I love to mix it with her Hydroshield serum, with any brand of moisturizer and sometimes (although I find it too expensive for that) I mix it with my foundations.

I have tried so many oils I lost count, but those are the ones I currently have.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve tried lots of different oils. For me single oils work better than blends. Less chance of break outs.

So far, my favorite is the Botanical Beauty White Chia Oil from Amazon. Chia oil is the sole ingredient - cold pressed, unrefined and 100% natural.

ETA: Josie Maran’s Argan oil broke me out. I liked the feel of it but it did not agree with my skin.

Occasional Contributor

Nevia creme is a good choice!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Really like pure rose hip oil from Amazon.

The brands you mentioned have additives to the oil, those additives may have caused the issues you mention.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Paula's Choice Moisture Renewal Oil Booster -- an unsung hero.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Rose Hips and Marula are two that I'm liking quite a bit. Jojoba is good too. I'm not picky about brands, but try to find as basic a product as possible.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mistic  Check out Marula oil.  I use Acure Organics brand.  It has brought my skin to a normal state.  Do a little research and read up on it.  It's much lighter than argan and absorbs quickly.  I use nightly.  Place a drop in the palm of your hand and rub hands together and press onto face, repeat if necessary.  Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I found oils did not really help my drier skin.  And I tried them.

What is working for me is Kate Somerville Dry Skin Saver.  I think it was formulated for people with eczema, so it is mild.  But after trying every moisturizer and oil out there, it is the one product that works for dry skin. 

I use it liberally every single night now.  The only thing that has really helped me.

Hyacinth

Occasional Contributor

Im liking Lisa Robertson's ressurection oil. Not greasy, asorbs right in. Use it under your reguar moisturizer. She was having buy one get one free at her web site