Respected Contributor

Face Oils - Which One - I Need Help Please

Looking at Facial Oils.  Which one to get?  SKINN has two, a Lipid Oil and a Midnight Oil.  Dr. D has a Lipid Oil.  Is there one that is more effective than another?  I see quite a difference in prices, with SKINN'S 2 bottles for the price of one, as opposed to the price of Dr. Denese.

I've got reallyy dry skin, and want to give the Oils a try, but don't have a clue as which to try 1st.  I have tried Josie's Argon, and it made me feel so greasy, I just could not stand it.

Yes, I have looked at the ingredients.  Holy Smokes.  The more I look at them, the more confused I get.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You - Mistic

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Re: Face Oils - Which One - I Need Help Please

@Mistic ........ try Josie Maran “Light” Argan Oil. It is 100% pure.
Honored Contributor

If you are after Argon oil, save some money and buy Trader Joe's Organic Argon.  Rosehips is a great face oil.  Do some research and see what suits your needs.  You don't have to spend big money. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Take a look on amazon ,at botanical beauty chia seed oil also try jojoba oil. No need to spend alot.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@MisticYou may find your skin responds well to using a blend of oils as opposed to one specific oil.  I do use Josie Maran's Argan Oil, but also use others occasionally, which I usually purchase from Shea Terra.  My favorite from Shea Terra is their Desert Date, but I also buy their rose hips oil.  I like olive oil and usually purchase that from DHC. 

Respected Contributor

Neither of the Skinn oils is a pure oil, they both have additional ingredients besides oil. Not necessarily a bad thing, just something to consider. The Midnight Recovery Complex has coconut oil, which is more likely to cause breakouts than some other oils, so I would avoid that one.

Here are some oils I like: Jojoba oil, rosehip seed oil, marula oil, argan oil. Jojoba is lighter and you may prefer that one. I get mine at Whole Foods. It's also fantastic for nails and cuticles. I like to keep various oils around to use at different times. Argan can be heavier. I love to mix it into my body lotion year 'round. In the winter, I may mix it into my face cream or use it over my moisturizer at night to seal everything in. I rarely use it alone and don't use it on my face during the summer. Josie Maran makes a Light version that I think is great for the face and mixing into face cream. You may like that one.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Trader Joe's jojoba oil.

Honored Contributor

Dermstore dot com has a blog tab on the homepage and you can search 'face oils'. There are a few good articles about choosing and using oils there. 

Respected Contributor

@Mistic  OK, you're saying you're really dry, but the argan oil felt too oily on you?  I use Josie's argan oil on my face (I also like her argan milk for the face), and it soaks right into my skin.  It's the only thing that works for me in the winter.  I'm thinking maybe your skin feels so dry and is just not "accepting" products because you need more exfoliation. When you have a "dead" layer of skin on top, your serums and moisterizers can't penetrate.  I use several different physical exfoliants.  I rotate them, but I use one of them mixed with my facial wash every evening before bed.  This not ony helped my aging face accept products more readily, it also stopped the occasional zits I was getting! 

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

I'm a huge fan of camellia oil.  It works the best for me.