Respected Contributor

Re: Face Highlighters: Powder, Gel or Cream?

I prefer powder also, because I feel like I have more control on how much I apply. I love to highlight, but I'm careful not to overdo it.. I don't want to look like a disco ball. I do the top of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, my Cupid's bow, the center of my forehead and under my brows. I think highlighting is beautiful, if it's not shockingly overdone.. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I have the liquid, powder, and the cream compact.

The powder is the easiest to control but it's also the most subtle.

I find cream compacts, regardless of what they are, get funky gross! Even with clean fingers they seem to get dirty!

The liquid , in a tube, is good BUT it's difficult to control the amount of product coming out of the tube!

I know there are creams in a stick but I haven't tried one ...yet. That one seems a very practical delivery system..

@Andreatoo, I've been using Lancome's new stick foundation for a couple months now. I had never used one before because I always thought of them as being sort of greasy.

So when I saw the description of this being a very natural finish and saw the good reviews, I tried it. I really like it. It's easy to apply -- I put a couple swipes on my face adn then blend with a brush. It's not totally matte but not dewy -- very natural. I use Bisque neutral. I think it will last me a very long time.

THIS is a link to description and swatches.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3

thank you but I don't use foundation. I was referring to illuminators/highlighters specifically but I think a cream stick is a good idea for lots of things!

Those cream compacts get icky! I have both IT and Signature Club A (highlighters) and they're basically identical products and both I feel the need to 'wipe' off a layer every once in a while..

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@suzyQ3

thank you but I don't use foundation. I was referring to illuminators/highlighters specifically but I think a cream stick is a good idea for lots of things!

Those cream compacts get icky! I have both IT and Signature Club A (highlighters) and they're basically identical products and both I feel the need to 'wipe' off a layer every once in a while..

Yes, duh. I realized this after posting my rec. Smiley Embarassed

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland