Respected Contributor
On 2/8/2015 atsrm said:
On 2/7/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 2/7/2015 atsrm said:

I think it's more that some of the sellers devalued the product. You can get the styling creme for 1/3 of the retail price on some of the scents.

I don't know if the GR version will be pulled or not.

I really don't think they can remove 3rd party sellers just because it costs less on Amazon. That is the whole point of Amazon- to buy things for lower than you get elsewhere. My foundation I buy all the time on Amazon for at least half the price what I can get on the stores website and it sold by individual buyers (i.e. third party sellers). But Amazon can eventually be held liable if people keep getting fakes from third party sellers and they will not take that risk if it keeps happening. They'd rather shut those sellers down altogether.

It's not Amazon doing the pulling. It's WEN. When a manufacturer doesn't want their products being sold on Amazon by 3rd party sellers, they go to Amazon and basically tell them that this item is not to be sold. Amazon notifies all sellers of that product that they will no longer be allowed to list such and such product.

You will probably still be able to buy it directly from WEN on Amazon as they do have an Amazon presence. And maybe WEN will go the authorized distributer only route, I don't know.

It's not just WEN but there is a whole list of items that cannot be sold by 3rd party sellers.

Does anyone know about other sellers of Wen products? Does this mean that Wen can also no longer be sold on ebay? I am not sure but I suppose this is also possible.

Occasional Contributor
Sephora has sold a limited selection of wen for yrs. I assume they still do. Free super.fast shipping when total is 50.00.
Respected Contributor
On 2/8/2015 camsep said: Sephora has sold a limited selection of wen for yrs. I assume they still do. Free super.fast shipping when total is 50.00.

Yes, you are right about Sephora selling Wen. I am not sure but would imagine that they will still be allowed to sell Wen proucts. You can also purchase them at the Sephora store.

Contributor

I only know about Amazon. Ebay, sephora, GR are totally different venues.

Honored Contributor
On 2/8/2015 susan25 said:
On 2/8/2015 atsrm said:
On 2/7/2015 atsrm said:

I think it's more that some of the sellers devalued the product. You can get the styling creme for 1/3 of the retail price on some of the scents.

I really don't think they can remove 3rd party sellers just because it costs less on Amazon. That is the whole point of Amazon- to buy things for lower than you get elsewhere. My foundation I buy all the time on Amazon for at least half the price what I can get on the stores website and it sold by individual buyers (i.e. third party sellers). But Amazon can eventually be held liable if people keep getting fakes from third party sellers and they will not take that risk if it keeps happening. They'd rather shut those sellers down altogether.

It's not Amazon doing the pulling. It's WEN. When a manufacturer doesn't want their products being sold on Amazon by 3rd party sellers, they go to Amazon and basically tell them that this item is not to be sold. Amazon notifies all sellers of that product that they will no longer be allowed to list such and such product.

You will probably still be able to buy it directly from WEN on Amazon as they do have an Amazon presence. And maybe WEN will go the authorized distributer only route, I don't know.

It's not just WEN but there is a whole list of items that cannot be sold by 3rd party sellers.

Does anyone know about other sellers of Wen products? Does this mean that Wen can also no longer be sold on ebay? I am not sure but I suppose this is also possible.

I am sure we will still be able to sell on ebay. I have never gotten a notice that we can't and I sold some on there before. I doubt Ebay would stop all sales of WEN unless they know they are fakes.

Respected Contributor
On 2/8/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 2/8/2015 susan25 said:
On 2/8/2015 atsrm said:
On 2/7/2015 atsrm said:

I am sure we will still be able to sell on ebay. I have never gotten a notice that we can't and I sold some on there before. I doubt Ebay would stop all sales of WEN unless they know they are fakes.

You are probably right. I just wasn't sure after reading this thread. I would imagine that some ebay Wen sellers make a decent profit selling Wen on ebay. Although, I am not really sure since I have never been an ebay seller and only occasionally buy anything from ebay.

Esteemed Contributor

atsrm, where did you get your information?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor
On 2/9/2015 HonnyBrown said:

atsrm, where did you get your information?

Amazon
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks atsrm. I didn't see any notifications on Amazon or in my email.

I hope it's not true. I buy the most from GR then Amazon and eBay; all with excellent experiences.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor
On 2/10/2015 HonnyBrown said:

Thanks atsrm. I didn't see any notifications on Amazon or in my email.

I hope it's not true. I buy the most from GR then Amazon and eBay; all with excellent experiences.

I haven't either.