Esteemed Contributor

FYI - Hard Candy holiday makeup trio palette

OK, I tried to find the Hard Candy holiday makeup trio palette online on both the U.S. and Canadian Walmart websites and I don't see them. Well I bought and returned one from a bricks and mortar Walmart Canada store.

There are 3 duo round shaped powders in the package, a highlight duo, a bronzer duo, and a blush duo. The 3 cases are glitter covered cardboard and plastic. They look nice in the package but when I opened the box and took them out of the plastic tray that held them, the cardboard and plastic glitter cases that held these pressed powders smelled like mothballs.

I've never had a problem with Hard Candy makeup before either so this was an unpleasant surprise. This was intended to be a stocking stuffer but I wouldn't give this to someone if the cases that holds the makeup smells like mothballs. I wonder if these glitter cardboard and plastic cases were stored in mothballs at one point.

The makeup is made in China and it retails for $4.97 CDN. So back they went to the store for a refund. I let the cashier know why I was returning the makeup palette too but I doubt that anything will be done...so just a heads up if you see these in your Walmart stores. Beware.

Respected Contributor

Re: FYI - Hard Candy holiday makeup trio palette

I watch many YouTube beauty reviews, and many of them say that many holiday makeup palettes are not the same quality as their regular products (I am thinking about Too Faced or Tarte).  So, unfortunately, I think it might be what happened with your Hard Candy palette.