Respected Contributor

Re: FULL MAKEUP TONITE....GRRRR!

I have had days that were truly a waste of good makeup.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Truth be told, if I wore full makeup I would look like a dead Bozo The Clown laying in a casket.

I do not need to wear "full makeup" to "show respect" or feel "obligated" to look my best. 

thanks for the chuckle!

Image result for woman laughing hysterically gif

Honored Contributor

I feel obligated to look my best every day of my life, even if I'm staying in and only hubby will see me.  I do it for myself and for him.   I wouldn't bother wearing make up if I thought no one would notice it.  What would be the point?  I don't wear a lot of makeup but I wear foundation to cover what should be covered and I like color on my face.  I like a bright lip, a lot of mascara and a neutral eye shadow when I'm going somewhere.  I don't really have an everyday look vs a special occasion look.  I do wear makeup to look prettier, fresher, brighter so I want people to notice it.  Funny that this would come up.  I work from home, I got up late this morning and I had to rush to shower and dress so I could sign on at 8:30.  Fridays are super busy.  I intentionally skipped the makeup due to the time.  I was alone with no plans to go anywhere.  Arount noon, I was washing my hands at the sink and looked up into the mirror and I scared myself....lol   I never see myself without makeup during the day.  I did not like what I saw,..lol   That tired and dull  looking woman.   I did my face and I went with a bright red lipstick.  I looked and felt like myself again.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus I hope you have a great evening and I know you'll shine.  I wear makeup every day. On special occasions I'll add more mascara and use a little eyeshadow. I know what you mean about the respect comment.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1 wrote:

@Shanus Enjoy yourself tonight - I'm sure you will look beautiful and your dh's clients will agree.Heart

@qtrmoonlady1 💕

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

FIFTEEN MINUTES? Just to put your face on?  Geez Louise. I'd be GRRRRing too if it took me that long.

@shaggygirl  Including cleansing and fresh skincare?

One of these mornings I'm going to time myself. Gotta be one of those mornings when I have to do a whole new everything including wiping out any moustache hairs. lol

All I know is you are probably going to be the prettiest thing this side of the Mississippi.

@shaggygirl💕

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@Shanus, I hear what you're saying....to me it's taking pride in one's appearance, especially when it involves a big meeting or dinner with clients, etc. I wear makeup everyday - but take more time with it when I'm going out.

@jannabelle1👍🏻

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  In your case, it was worth making the effort.  Plus, when people don't notice that you are wearing makeup is a good thing.  If I was going somewhere special, I would make an effort.  Otherwise, if I am going grocery shopping, I wear my tinted moisturizer, a little blush, a little brown mascara but I always wear lipstick.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

I notice the older I get, the more kinds of make-up I use, just with a lighter hand.

Have a great time tonight, @Shanus.

@wishmoon  I do, too....especially foundations: tinted moisturizer or stick foundation (med. coverage, but as close to full I’ll ever get) & then my BE powder foundation..quick buff and out the door for gym, etc.

Honored Contributor

@AngieinLA wrote:

To the original poster, Shanus, I get where you are coming from and totally understand what you are saying in your post. I am sorry some of the posters on here do not. Have a great time! 

@AngieinLA  Thanks. Definitely some “ladies” here whose opinions are not expressed in a nice way.