Honored Contributor

Re: FULL MAKEUP TONITE....GRRRR!

[ Edited ]

I am usually happy to put on more makeup when it reflects well on my husband for an important meeting or event. I don't feel obligated, or I wouldn't do it. Full eyeshadow, careful foundation, contacts, dusted off high heels, carefully dried and styled hair. Normally I don't bother with all that. It takes me a good while.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I like to wear make up every day for me and no one else.  Many of my friends (we're in our 50s) don't wear it, but when I do see women with make up, they look finished to me. I also wear something nice like a top or dark wash denim as opposed to an old tshirt or torn jeans. Yes, then there's the jewelry! I don't feel dressed up, just more put together.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, I hear what you're saying....to me it's taking pride in one's appearance, especially when it involves a big meeting or dinner with clients, etc. I wear makeup everyday - but take more time with it when I'm going out.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus Firstly, wishing you a fun evening.

Your question is interesting and no I don't  feel any obligation to do full makeup.

I go heavy on the eyes and mostly do nothing else.

I find, for me, less is more and I want people to see me not me made up.

My everyday look is also my going out look.

Honored Contributor

For very special occasions like a wedding I'll do a bit more makeup, like liquid foundation instead of just powder, and mascara & liner. Otherwise my 5 min face is all I do.

Honored Contributor

I wear full makeup every day. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I notice the older I get, the more kinds of make-up I use, just with a lighter hand.

Have a great time tonight, @Shanus.

Valued Contributor

The only time I wear a "full face" is for Sunday church and special event occassions.  The best effect of having a full face of make up was when I had a professional take a head shot for me.  Prepping my skin with chemical peels first for a month before made my skin look like smooth butter even with 2 inches of powder on my face.  It was the best I had looked in a very long time.  I looked way younger than my age for that photo.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Truth be told, if I wore full makeup I would look like a dead Bozo The Clown laying in a casket.

I do not need to wear "full makeup" to "show respect" or feel "obligated" to look my best. 

@Mz iMac

Ditto.  I have a 5 minute makeup that works for pretty much everything except a very formal event ... like a White House dinner, lol.

If it's really such an effort to do a "full makeup" then maybe it's time to streamline the process.    

Contributor

To the original poster, Shanus, I get where you are coming from and totally understand what you are saying in your post. I am sorry some of the posters on here do not. Have a great time!