Esteemed Contributor

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Respected Contributor

Re: FREE SHIPPING with Evine CC

My thought on this is they make money on the interest charges.  Why don't they give free S&H on other forms of payment Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@makena wrote:

My thought on this is they make money on the interest charges.  Why don't they give free S&H on other forms of payment Smiley Sad

@makena The Evine card is thru Synchrony Bank & they make the money on the interest charges from those that don't pay their balance in full each month not Evine. The only money Evine makes from their customers having one of their credit cards is the % the Bank pays Evine on each card they have out there. Same with Q & HSN.

I pay my balance in full each month so they don't make any interest off me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

@makena wrote:

@makena The Evine card is thru Synchrony Bank & they make the money on the interest charges from those that don't pay their balance in full each month not Evine. The only money Evine makes from their customers having one of their credit cards is the % the Bank pays Evine on each card they have out there. Same with Q & HSN.

I understand that.  But generally most people use CC because they don't have the full amount to pay for the order.  For people like you, yes it would work.

Super Contributor

Same with me ....I pay the amount in full each month, so no interest for me!

I am glad to hear about free shipping though, as I have been waiting for this.

I guess it isn't listed plainly on the site....it does show up when you put something

in your cart, but since I hadn't done that...I didn't realize the sale.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@makena wrote:

Of course they will, @makena! But ONLY if the balance is not paid in full. I buy what I can afford to pay when CC bill comes - Free of Financial Charges!!!  And with items bought - Free of Shipping Charges!

I also, have an option to put the items on Value Pays, where I can pay them off within several month - Interest Free.

As long as I pay my CC bill in full each period. No problem for me! At least, I try NOT to create any problems for myself.

You are the Boss over your Credit Card. Paying Evine shipping charges adds up a lot! CC free ship days - good deal!

Super Contributor

I got the Evine CC, not because I needed another card, ( not at their 25% interest )  but because I can get an extra value pay when I use it, and I pay off what they bill me every month.  That is helpful.  Just don't miss a payment, or charge more than what you can

pay. each month, and it is a convenience.   I have an HSN card too just for offers I cannot get with a regular card.  As of yet, I haven't gotten a Q card, and not sure why??

Honored Contributor

@SuziQ2 wrote:

I got the Evine CC, not because I needed another card, ( not at their 25% interest )  but because I can get an extra value pay when I use it, and I pay off what they bill me every month.  That is helpful.  Just don't miss a payment, or charge more than what you can

pay. each month, and it is a convenience.   I have an HSN card too just for offers I cannot get with a regular card.  As of yet, I haven't gotten a Q card, and not sure why??

@SuziQ2

Probably because they only just recently started pushing them again.

The Q is prolific for taking very little risk; cc's come with risk to the vendor.

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@makena wrote:

I understand that.  But generally most people use CC because they don't have the full amount to pay for the order.  For people like you, yes it would work.

@makena Ok, sorry. I know a lot of people get tied up in the interest & not being able to pay the balance on their cards. I would pay cash before I would pay that kind of interest rate. I also like having their cards listed on these sites to use instead of any other card.

Honored Contributor

I like using my store credit cards because they often come with extra benefits like this free shipping and extra flexpays. I always pay them off in full every month along with the rest of my cc cards. No interest payments for me ever.Woman Happy