Contributor

Please I need help on foundation brands, use Josie Maran tinted foundation I like it but not quite enough coverage.  Laura Geller tinted foundation is too orange.  Wondering about Tarte or CC fouindation and which coverage of either of these do you like.  Am

68 do not want to look like am wearing a foundation mask and have pink undertones

to my skin not yellow.  So much of the foundations today seem to suit women with

yellow undertones.  Thanks for your help!

Honored Contributor

@jezzie wrote:

Please I need help on foundation brands, use Josie Maran tinted foundation I like it but not quite enough coverage.  Laura Geller tinted foundation is too orange.  Wondering about Tarte or CC fouindation and which coverage of either of these do you like.  Am

68 do not want to look like am wearing a foundation mask and have pink undertones

to my skin not yellow.  So much of the foundations today seem to suit women with

yellow undertones.  Thanks for your help!

@jezzie  You need to decide if you want a BB or CC Cream, or an actual foundation.  Once you're settled on that, go to Sephora and have an associate do a shade match for you.  

My current favorites are Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation and the IT Cosmetics CC+ Nude Glow Foundation.  

My experience with the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation is that it ran quite yellow.  The Shape Tape may be different. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi @jezzie 

I also have pink undertones and a perfect match for me are-- Josie Maran Concealer stick in fair and Bare Minerals Bisque.  I don't use foundation but I think both of these could be used all over.  

I have not tried a lot of CC creams but wanted to say the IT CC cream is very yellow, as is the foundation and I don't think either would work for anyone with pink undertones.  

Respected Contributor

I have pink undertones and wear IT CC, both the illumizing and the nude glow.  

I've tried both Tarte Amazonian clay and Face Tape foundations.  Both are too cakey on my dry skin.

Too Faced Born This Way, Wet n Wild Photo Focus, Covergirl Outlast Extreme Wear, and L'oreal True Match Serum foundation are some of my favorites.

Honored Contributor

@jezzie - My daughter is very fair with cool undertones. Like me she has a number of foundations. One of her favorites is IT's CC in Fair. It does say "full coverage," but she's young and likes a light coverage. She puts a little bit on her hand and spreads it around with a brush.

I like ILIA serum foundation for my light coverage. But I'm the opposite from you in coloring. It wouldn't hurt to take a look at it. They have a lot of shades!  Good luck!    Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I've used everything from drugstore to Chanel. I currently use Neutrogena from the drugstore. Its a beautiful weight and goes on very nicely. 

Foundationshave come a long way. Would d never spend the money on big brand foundation and would never buy from TV. Been there done that.

Honored Contributor

You might want to try Saie slip tint. To me it's in between tint and a foundation. Their colors are based on tones and undertones. I was really surprised that I was able to pick my shade the first try. It feels very good on the skin too.

Respected Contributor

Re: FOUNDATIONS

[ Edited ]

I love IT CC cream - the 50 SPF full coverage - best foundation I've used.  And no longer need concealer for my dark circles.

Prior to the IT I used  Chanel for years - Healthy Glow - but I like the CC better.

If you try it be sure to get the brush  - you can usually get a set.

I don't find the IT CC yellow at all - I use the light medium shade.

And even tho it's full coverage it's not heavy or cakey.

Its not just "makeup off TV" by the way - I've bought it at Macys.  Sephora and many other places sell it.

Honored Contributor

Every foundation I've ever used from either HSN or QVC are yellow on me.  I now use Nars and got color matched at Sephora.  I did a preliminary online color match before going to the store, and the store matched me to the same shade.

Honored Contributor

My complexion is neutral but if it had to lean anyway at all it would be cool. It CC cream was totally yellow on me. Nars Foundation has been my Holy Grail for one plus years, also really really love Lancome Tient Idole

And I just yesterday discovered Shiseido

Synchro skin radiant lifting.  All three of these are #1 in my book.  For a really sheer foundation, Rose Inc is my #1 go-to.