Esteemed Contributor

@jezzie wrote:

Please I need help on foundation brands, use Josie Maran tinted foundation I like it but not quite enough coverage.  Laura Geller tinted foundation is too orange.  Wondering about Tarte or CC fouindation and which coverage of either of these do you like.  Am

68 do not want to look like am wearing a foundation mask and have pink undertones

to my skin not yellow.  So much of the foundations today seem to suit women with

yellow undertones.  Thanks for your help!

I recommend going into your nearest Sephora, larger department store with a cosmetics section, Ulta or a place like that.  They can help you find your undertone and the right shade for you.  No one can help you pick out a foundation without first having seen you and to ask a few questions on what your needs are in a foundation.  

This is probably your best bet.  Better to do this than buy something you'll be sorry you purchased sight unseen.  

Yellow

Golden

Orange

are considered "warm undertones."  Do you need full coverage?  Mattifying or hydrating/luminous/sheer look.  How much are you willing to spend?  Do you want a primer to go on before?  

Good luck.  Too bad we don't have see it, feel it, taste it tv.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@jezzie wrote:

Please I need help on foundation brands, use Josie Maran tinted foundation I like it but not quite enough coverage.  Laura Geller tinted foundation is too orange.  Wondering about Tarte or CC fouindation and which coverage of either of these do you like.  Am

68 do not want to look like am wearing a foundation mask and have pink undertones

to my skin not yellow.  So much of the foundations today seem to suit women with

yellow undertones.  Thanks for your help!

@jezzie   I think foundations and concealers are the most difficult to get correct and also the most important.

I found the Tarte and IT CC too heavy and thick for me. I like tinted moisturizers and add concealer where extra coverage is necessary. I'd look for "neutral" shades which are neither cool or warm. For me, the neutral has just enough warm tones to cancel out the unwanted red areas around my nose, etc. 

Stick foundations are a good option for me, as well as alightweight serum type foundation like the new one from Makeup By Mario, Bobbi Brown Serum foundation, Estee Lauder has one, etc. The larger companies seem to have more shades....I also like the stick foundations from Lancome, Bobbi Brown and Westman Atilier. These are all rather expensive, but I have not found drugstore matches for my porcelain skin tone.

I don't think foundations with added skincare/spf are worth the investment and can sometimes cause the product tobe too thick or oxidize. You also don't knowthe % of what's in there and I'd rather apply my own serums and sunscreen.

Respected Contributor

Re: FOUNDATIONS

[ Edited ]

Applying with a brush might help the "thickness" problem.  With any foundation.

"All of QVC foundations" can't be yellow - they sell so many brands.

Don't buy the wrong shade for you then blame QVC or the brand.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Applying with a brush might help the "thickness" problem.  With any foundation.

"All of QVC foundations" can't be yellow - they sell so many brands.

Don't buy the wrong shade for you then blame QVC or the brand.

@FranandZoe I didn't say ALL their foundations were yellow, but all that I had tried.  And I have also tried the closest shade match, in some of THOSE brands because I actually liked the formulation.  Many others have complained about the yellow undertones of many of the popular brands sold on QVC also, so it's not just me.  I didn't try all the brands because I finally concluded that getting a color match at a B&M store was probably best for me rather than trial & error. 

Trusted Contributor

I love IT CC cream - use it in the winter, in the heat of summer I use IT Celebration  illumination powder foundation, I've used it since Jamie first appeared on QVC or shortly thereafter. I'm a creature of habit, if I like it I don't change! LOL!!

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@jezzie   I suggest you go to a  cosmetic counter...they will give you the best match.  I did that years ago and discovered FUTURIST foundation, Estee Lauder.  Perfect match.

I have thrown away several foundations that I ordered because the colors are way off..Lancer TSV was the latest, what a horrible color it was and from their own website they suggested the color I purchased because it was a 'match' to what I was using.  Total waste of money.

Respected Contributor

Maybelline Dream Urban spf 50 is surprisingly very nice and never balls or cakes over any skincare. I use fair porcelain,  no yellow at all!!  I do agree I'm seeing so much yellow or orange in most foundations and tints, and I cannot use them.  I'm very fair with cool pink undertones.  It cc is very thick unnatural looking imo, and settles in lines, also very yellow. I also have Loreal Infallible stick, suggested by Shanus,  another pretty good one, but not as cool toned as I'd like. Bobby Brown too much yellow for me. I can go on what I've tried that either was yellow or didn't cooperate with my skincare.

The last one I trashed was Estee Lauder futurist hydrating,  just awful over skincare, and the lightest had a tinge of yellow,  but not terrible. 

I checked out almost everything at Ulta and the majority of the foundations and tints were very yellow or orange, and just too dark for me.  I used to use Lancome Regenerist, that was good, but it's a bit glowy if I remember correct...their tints, again, yellow. 

So right now I'm using Maybelline Urban Dream, and when I'm home I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer spf 30, lightest shade on1...its very sheer, no coverage...im not thrilled with it but ill finish it.

I think I'd rather look in drug stores, they seem to have much more porcelain, cool shades to choose from.