Honored Contributor

FIRST MAKEUP CLIENT TODAY!!! 😳

[ Edited ]

I was in Nordstrom last week and shooting the breeze with the TRISH consultant that I knew. When I walked away, a woman complimented me on my eye makeup (I had done full eyes/brows that day). The artists at dept. stores cannot put makeup on customers or "get to" their displays/samples.

One thing led to another and I told her I did freelance makeup appointments out of my house. She booked for today. I'll be wearing my mask, purchased a forehead thermometer, jug of sanitizer, etc. I've been able to replace all my liquid products and received several packages of PR so I'm all set. I'm chomping at the bit to get back to work.

A portion of my studio will work out perfectly as my new makeup room with natural light from dormers and skylights. 

She has no special occasions coming up, but was never great at eye makeup application and with masks now, wants to learn how to emphasize her eyes. She also needed some skincare suggestions since, like many of us, is finding the mask irritating to her skin. 

Honored Contributor

Re: FIRST MAKEUP CLIENT TODAY!!! 😳

@Shanus Did you know Paul who worked for Trish for so many years? I had appointments with him for many years, and saw him in Atlanta, D.C., and OKC as he traveled with those big events.

He was so nice and talented!  When they opened in Nordies in Dallas I was walking through, saw the commotion and stopped to see what was going on. He finished up with someone and walked up to me and said let him do a little makeover.

I said no, my husband just took things to the car and is waiting for me in the parking lot, and he sat me down in the chair and said 'FIVE MINUTES!'  

He put on much lighter foundation and did the rest of my face, I bought a planner and other things and when I got in the car husband said "You know, we needed this weekend.  You look really rested."

He had NO idea I'd had a five minute makeover and we laughed about it.

I miss seeing Paul!  SO talented and so very nice. He saw me in a madhouse event in Atlanta, took me to meet Trish and did a session there just because he recognized me.

Nothing does more for me than their vit. c product!  It is a miracle! That 5 minutes in Dallas changed the way I look forever and made me think differently about it! 

You all do so much for people!!!!  Must be rewarding for you too! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner   Which vitamin C product do you love?  Cream or serum?  Sounds wonderful and I enjoyed reading your account of your makeover.  Woman Wink

@Shanus Sounds as if you have a happy day planned.  Enjoy!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Shanus Did you know Paul who worked for Trish for so many years? I had appointments with him for many years, and saw him in Atlanta, D.C., and OKC as he traveled with those big events.

He was so nice and talented!  When they opened in Nordies in Dallas I was walking through, saw the commotion and stopped to see what was going on. He finished up with someone and walked up to me and said let him do a little makeover.

I said no, my husband just took things to the car and is waiting for me in the parking lot, and he sat me down in the chair and said 'FIVE MINUTES!'  

He put on much lighter foundation and did the rest of my face, I bought a planner and other things and when I got in the car husband said "You know, we needed this weekend.  You look really rested."

He had NO idea I'd had a five minute makeover and we laughed about it.

I miss seeing Paul!  SO talented and so very nice. He saw me in a madhouse event in Atlanta, took me to meet Trish and did a session there just because he recognized me.

Nothing does more for me than their vit. c product!  It is a miracle! That 5 minutes in Dallas changed the way I look forever and made me think differently about it! 

You all do so much for people!!!!  Must be rewarding for you too! 

@Sooner   I've never met Paul, but he sounds like a great MUA. It's our main purpose to improve your look, how you feel about yourself and not push selling products. I must say, many women do purchase a few things when they see the differences. If they're undecided, I usually tell them to live with it awhile, give them samples if possible and 9 times out of 10, they do come back for something. It depends if the changes are subtle or drastic. 

I'm so happy you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed your refreshed look. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @tends2dogs. It'll definitely be a fun time. Only downside, I do a full face of makeup on myself...natural, but soup to nuts.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Nope!  I recognized the difference immediately! I went from too yellow EL heavy to Trish no makeup look and was stunned!  Bought everything he used and the planner in a hurry and ran out to the parking garage hoping hubby wasn't half way back to Oklahoma!!!!!

LOL!!!  ENJOY and have fun!

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Sooner   Which vitamin C product do you love?  Cream or serum?  Sounds wonderful and I enjoyed reading your account of your makeover.  Woman Wink

@Shanus Sounds as if you have a happy day planned.  Enjoy!

@tends2dogs It is a cream, comes in a beautiful lucite like jar, is pricy and I use it about twice a week on VERY sensitive skin. 

My makeover really changed my life.  Hard to believe but I have looked better ever since because of a few things he pointed out about skin color etc.  He made ME look better--no attempt to look like someone else. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner   Lol. That happens, too. That's what I meant by a drastic change. It's usually foundation/concealer that makes or breaks the change. 

Respected Contributor

Enjoy your session  and I am sure she will love being pampered. It's time that everyone can get back to those things which we have liked to do in the past.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

How did the session go?  I was happy for you reading that you are beginning to do makeup gain!  I am sure the lady was very happy with her new look.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin