Respected Contributor

FINALLY - I found the perfect brow pencil for blondes!!!

It's perfect for me, anyway.  My hair is light to medium blonde, so I ordered

IT Cosmetics Brow Power Super Skinny Waterproof Brow Pencil Duo.

I ordered it in the plain "blonde."  The box does say, however, "Universal Blonde."  Anyway, it's perfect for me!  My eyebrows are light blonde and a little more scarce than they were when I was younger.  I use short strokes.  The pencil is a *little* darker than my eyebrows, which is great because at last they finally show up!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

Re: FINALLY - I found the perfect brow pencil for blondes!!!

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the review! I have not found an eyebrow pencil I love yet, and I saw this presentation on air and thought "I need to try this".  I wonder how long each pencil will last.  I am anywhere from a light to medium blonde also, so your review is helpful.

Do you know if you can twist the color up & down, or is that a no no?  Up only?

Respected Contributor

Yes, you can twist the pencil up and down.  I would think you might just turn it up enough to get the proper angle to stroke.  I'm thinking if you push it up too far, you may break it.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

What I really want to know is if this actually stays on your brows. I love IT Cosmetics regular skinny eye brow pencil, but in no time I find myself walking around with half my brows missing. I always wear sunglasses and I think that contributes to the problem...they rub a bit, I guess. I've yet to find any eye brow product that stays where applied including YBF and also a Mally pencil I've tried.

I would dearly love to find one that stays put!   

Trusted Contributor

I use IT's 5 in 1 brow power pencil.  You do have to sharpen it though, but it stays on all day till I actually remove my make-up.  It's the only one that works for me as I too have blonde hardly there brows.  I tried one of the other brow pencils - a skinny one from IT, but it just didn't work as well for me as the 5 in 1.  I also can and do use YBF, but that is a bit on the dark side even if I try to put it on lightly.

Honored Contributor

I too have blonde barely there brows and I found Benefit's gimme brow to be outstanding. It's the one with fibers in it and I'm not sure how effective it would be with no brows to start but for me it's great and very natural looking.

It's one of very few samples where I'm actually compelled to purchase the full size product.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

What I really want to know is if this actually stays on your brows. I love IT Cosmetics regular skinny eye brow pencil, but in no time I find myself walking around with half my brows missing. I always wear sunglasses and I think that contributes to the problem...they rub a bit, I guess. I've yet to find any eye brow product that stays where applied including YBF and also a Mally pencil I've tried.

I would dearly love to find one that stays put!   

I have a feeling from looking at the video and reading the description that this is the same skinny pencil but with a variety of shades, including the universal taupe.

I use the previous universal skinny pencil and fortunately have not had any problems with disappearing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's true - if you have blonde hair - especially red or strawberry blonde - your eye brows and lashes are practically invisible.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh yeah, @ValuSkr.  Redhead that leans a bit to the strawberry blonde here.  I've stated in the past that I look like a small, blind, nocturnal woodland creature without mascara.

@Andreatoo, I like Gimme Brow as well.  Great light color.  I pair it with another I like a tad bit better.  I happened upon it at a Sally's Beauty.  It's their brand, Femme Couture, a pencil, and the color is Blonde.  Stays on nicely but not perfectly on outer brow tail area where I'm thin to non existent on brows.  I top that with Anastasia clear brow gel.  So, basically I use the pencil on tails and a little fill here or there then the Gimme Brow on inner brow on out to tails.  Then a swipe of Anastasia to keep them all day.  

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@Andreatoo, I like Gimme Brow as well.  Great light color.  I pair it with another I like a tad bit better.  I happened upon it at a Sally's Beauty.  It's their brand, Femme Couture, a pencil, and the color is Blonde.  Stays on nicely but not perfectly on outer brow tail area where I'm thin to non existent on brows.  I top that with Anastasia clear brow gel.  So, basically I use the pencil on tails and a little fill here or there then the Gimme Brow on inner brow on out to tails.  Then a swipe of Anastasia to keep them all day.  

I too top everything off with the Anastasia gel! I have a few brow products on my bathroom counter and I generally prefer a powder to a pencil but the 2 recent purchases, Ready to Wear and Becca, are actually cream textured! I'm not completely sold on either as they're both perhaps a bit too subtle..My fallback is the Milani..I tried the IT universal and it's awful (for me). thank goodness for samples!