Honored Contributor

FEATURING GUERLAIN FRAGRANCES?

”BEAUTY WE LOVE FEATURING GUERLAIN FRAGRANCES” has been the title of some recent beauty shows whether or not any brand of perfume is shown. 

It’s strange that it used to be “BEAUTY WE LOVE”.

Respected Contributor

Re: FEATURING GUERLAIN FRAGRANCES?

@Shanus

Last week at lunch, I mentioned that the old standby perfumes no longer smelled the same.  

My friend who always wore Shalimar by Guerlain commented that she had recently opened a new bottle and compared it to a vintage bottle. She thought the scent had drastically changed and my comment sealed it for her.

Quite a shame that today’s young women might never enjoy what we did....they may even wonder why we loved certain scents as much as we did !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Many year ago I loved L'Instant. Haven't worn it for a very long time. 

Respected Contributor

@jlkzI also recently opened a bottle of Salimar that my niece gave me for a birthday present years ago. It was still in the original Guerlain box. She gave it to me before she moved to another state about twelve or more years ago. She said the scent of Shalimar always reminded her of me. This bottle has been in a cool, dry place for ages and I finally opened it not knowing what to expect. It smells divine!!!

Regular Contributor

The scent of Shalimar is certainly not the same as the Shalimar I wore for more than 30 years.  Like Tova, it is gone forever.