Honored Contributor

Re: FAVORITE SUMMER SHADE NAIL POLISH

OPI black onyx on my toes year round. Right now I'm wearing OPI shine for me, but I'm really loving Show Us Your Tips

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I recently discovered Essie Saved By The Belle - perfect opaque pale pink. 

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

OPI black onyx on my toes year round. Right now I'm wearing OPI shine for me, but I'm really loving Show Us Your Tips

@jaxs mom  Is this an opaque black? I’ve never owned a black but I love how it looks on other people’s toes. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Assuming spring/summer is on its way, what’s your favorite, go to, nail or toe polish?

My favorites are OPI Red or ESSIE Watermelon.

@Shanus  I love these threads. I write down some of these favorites and then check them out when in stores. 

My favorite is ORLY Fancy Fuschia. I have 3 bottles and I just painted my toes a few days ago. 

Super Contributor

A few months ago, I purchased dip powder and supplies and taught myself how to do it at home.

Its the first time in my life I am able to do an amazing French manicure on myself! 

My favorite summertime mani is a pink nail with white tip French, using a very, very pale (almost natural) pink.

I think it is clean and neat and feminine looking. I tend to be conservative, though.

That said, I saw something I have NEVER seen before recently; my sister in law had a French on her toes!!! It was well done but I thought it was a little over the top. There is nothing like a classic, bright red on toenails for "sandal season".

Trusted Contributor

I'll wear any color, any time of year. But for summer I lean more towards brighter colors. Unfortunately, My primary rules are that I can't have worn the polish recently and to use at least two polishes.

Valued Contributor

I usually start with a soft pink, then work up to some sort of red tones in summer. 

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr wrote:

A few months ago, I purchased dip powder and supplies and taught myself how to do it at home.

Its the first time in my life I am able to do an amazing French manicure on myself! 

My favorite summertime mani is a pink nail with white tip French, using a very, very pale (almost natural) pink.

I think it is clean and neat and feminine looking. I tend to be conservative, though.

That said, I saw something I have NEVER seen before recently; my sister in law had a French on her toes!!! It was well done but I thought it was a little over the top. There is nothing like a classic, bright red on toenails for "sandal season".

@AussieLuvr. Hi NC neighbor. I, too, figured I could this myself....not!

Try to explain: My right hand is dominant, but in making jewelry, my left hand is stronger since that hand/arm holds down the metal while right hand/arm does the lighter work (?!?!?) of sawing & hammering. 

Purchased my French Manicure supplies from Sally’s and was all thumbs!!! In my case, best left to the professionals for the 1 or 2 times I can do my nails for an occasion and know that I won’t wreck them in my studio in 2 days. Lol

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom  Is this an opaque black? I’ve never owned a black but I love how it looks on other people’s toes. 

@wvumountiefan yes, it's almost black patent because I have it in the infinite shine line, it's black black. I wear it on my fingers also most of the time. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OPI - Strawberry Marquirita, Dutch Tulips, Red Lights Ahead, La Paz-itively Hot, I Stop For Red, Charged Up Cherry,  She's A Bad Muffulettta. That's just a few of my favorites.