Regular Contributor

I have used Revitalash faithfully for several months and my lashes get a little longer but they curl dramatically and not in a desired way. I quit using it and am sticking to the false eyelashes.

Occasional Contributor

@TY wrote:

@espree

@this is my nic

Beauty youtuber EmilyNoel83 has a recent false eyelashes tutorial for beginners that you may find helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvB26K9jnu4

BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO FALSE LASHES: What to Buy, How to Apply - YouTube

Very helpful!

thanks @TY!

Respected Contributor

@January121

Thank you for your suggestion.  However, after trying one after another and never liking the results I think I'll try falsies! 

Respected Contributor
I’m curious about magnetic lashes. For the price, it seems like a reasonable trial.
Honored Contributor

I periodically wear false lashes for special occassions.  I like the Ardell lashes.  I just make sure I buy a realistic looking set.  Nothing spiderly or overly full and long as they just scream fake.

I also had false lashes professionally applied.  I absolutely loved the look but there are definitely some cons to them.  You cannot use anything oil based at all on your eyes as oil will loosen the glue.  Any cleanser or make-up remover you use on your eyes must be 100% oil free as does any eyeliner. 

If you are a side sleeper, the side you sleep on will lose lashes more quickly.  The initial lashes weren't expensive to put on but they are expensive to keep up and the longer you go between fills the more expensive it is.  It was $60.00 for a fill after 2 weeks and $75.00 for a fill after 3 weeks.  If you went longer then 3 weeks they considered you needing a new full set.

Depending on how you sleep, the lashes may start to crimp and get funky looking, sticking out in various directions. 

I loved the look of them and was able to go without any other eye make-up but I'd need filled every 2 weeks and I'm not up for the time or expense of that.