Honored Contributor

FACE MOISTURIZER HAD “OFF” SMELL

I just opened a jar of Skinceuticals Overnite Renew moisturizer. It had a weird smell, but because it has 10% hydroxy acid, I assumed that accounted for the “different” smell. After using it several nights, I figured better safe than sorry and called the site where I purchase my products.

CS asked for the lot # on the bottom of the jar & suggested sending me another jar (no charge) & a free return label. She asked me to open the new jar, compare the 2 in smell and if the 2nd one had no offensive fragrance, to return the 1st one at no charge. I’m sure they want to check what the problem could be.

I still have faith in this site and have ordered from them often when my products are on sale. I respect them more after CS is taking care of this issue ASAP by mailing a new jar, no arguing, etc.

Honored Contributor

Re: FACE MOISTURIZER HAD “OFF” SMELL

That is great customer service !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: FACE MOISTURIZER HAD “OFF” SMELL

This can also be the price we pay for less preservatives and stabilizers in cosmetics.   

We always need to check the expiration dates and not let these products sit unused for months at a time.  Hence, buying smaller sizes can often be the way to go.

Of course, it may be something actually wrong with the product, I guess, but I doubt they would tell you that it's a tainted product.   They'll just replace it, wanting you to think it's good CS.