Trusted Contributor

I like it on others. However, the pinks and burgundy make my eyelids look swollen and I have been crying for hours. 

Super Contributor

Re: Eyeshadow colors??

[ Edited ]

I know it is a movie and considering the theme of the movie, but Cher had some beautiful rose-colored eye makeup in the movie Burlesque.

Edit: I would post a pic, but not sure how.

Respected Contributor

LOVE a terre cotta/brick colored shadow ...   not orangy but more reddish.   I wear that EVERY DAY in the crease.  I blend it really well with my blush brush.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@chrystaltree 

Where do you live that you don't see women wearing colored eyeshadow?

Near Boston.  You just don't see women in pink, blue,  purple eyeshadow.  

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I wear pink, rose, plum, and burgundy a lot. For me, the key is a dark liner on my upper lash line.

@RollTide2008   Definitely a thin, darker liner is a must unless you want what I call "rabbit eyes". 

Honored Contributor

I love the Laura Mercier pink/rose collection in her Caviar eyeshadows.

I wear Wild Rose probably 5 days a week.

I also love Kiss From A Rose. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I never wore colored eye shadow.  For me it was always light beige/pink colors.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Eyeshadow colors??

[ Edited ]

I wear a lot of mauves and plums, and sometimes smolder it up a bit with navy, gray or black.   Some of the mauves are very flesh like with my coloring.   I think color morphs with our skintones and different blending techniques.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I wear pink, rose, plum, and burgundy a lot. For me, the key is a dark liner on my upper lash line.

@RollTide2008   Definitely a thin, darker liner is a must unless you want what I call "rabbit eyes". 

@Shanus - I scrolled right down to see what you thought about this!

When I was in my early 20's a Revlon makeup artist convinced to wear a wine-color cream (or gel - it was in a pot) shadow. She said it would be a great choice for my fair skin and hazel eyes. It's all I wore for a while, until I was asked to be a model for the then new Color Me Beautiful makeup line, and she put me in peach, key lime, and copper.

I just received Laura Geller's new anniversary palette because I like her shadows. I'm sticking to the neutrals right now, but there are some wine/burgundy colors in there. I haven't tried those yet because I've been putting the neutral shadows on for work. My eyes are hooded, both hereditary and age. I've always had them. Should I try a wine or burgundy in the crease? I've been wearing a mid tone peach there, just a little darker than my natural coloring.   

BTW - I'm not sure what you think about Laura Geller, but I love this palette! DD saw it and asked if she could try it!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  Many with hooded lids make the mistake of using too dark or too obvious a shadow shade in the crease area. I've found in most cases, a more neutral shade that's several shades darker than the skin tone, recedes the hooded area without drawing attention to it. 

Since application on the hooded lid is done with the eyes opened and brushed above where a crease would be, if the shade is too dark or not a usual skin tone shade, like the burgundy you mention, it defeats the purpose, IMO. 

The same theory works for deep set eyes....a lighter shade of shadow brings the deepened area forward. 

LG palettes? I've never used her shadows. Most palettes seem to have too many shimmer shadows and not enough mattes for my esthetic.