Respected Contributor

WHo likes the pinkish/burgundy eye shadows that seem to be everywhere and on everyone?  I do not like them at all and for me they are the worst colors ever.  I have darkbrown eyes, medium skin tone and s & p hair.  These colors make me look like I have not slept in a week.

Respected Contributor

As someone who has worn hard contacts all my adult life, I've tried everything in the book to keep the red out of my eyes. To put shades of red on my eyelids just doesn't do it for me. After searching forever for a nice subtle color, I've pretty much given up and don't wear much eyeshadow any longer. It may be all right for some, just not for me.

Honored Contributor

Good heavens, no.  That's not for me.  I actually don't see real life women wearing colored eyeshadow.  I only wear eyeshadow for special occasions when I'm dressed up and I have pallette of natural or neutral colors with just a hint of sheen.  It's a MAC product.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eyeshadow colors??

[ Edited ]

It depends on how intense the eyeshadow is. I think that a subtle shade of rose or lilac looks stunning on some women no matter their age. 

Red shadow wouldn't work, but a light pink or burgandy, yes, if applied well. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I love pinks!

Whatever pink Kirsten was wearing yesterday was gorgeous!  Wish I could find out.

I think it brightens!

Not sure about burgandy.  I have never seen anyone wearing a merlot, deep red, burgandy shade.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl    I have seen some women who wear those colors well -  I have never seen them on anyone whose appearance made me want to try the look.

I can't say I have seen them nearly often enough to even begin to think everyone everywhere wears them.  And even if that were true -  I know better than to think I'm that everyone, too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Eyeshadow colors??

[ Edited ]

I lIke them and have a few palettes. My MOB gown is a deep rose color so I'm testing various shades and combos. 

Respected Contributor
I wear pink, rose, plum, and burgundy a lot. For me, the key is a dark liner on my upper lash line.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

Where do you live that you don't see women wearing colored eyeshadow?

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

I love pink eyeshadow.  I rarely wear burgundy and if I do it has a pink shimmer topper over it.  I know some people look sick in pinks and reds.  Not everyone does tho.