Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eyeshadow Palettes Oh My!

@JudyL wrote:

@Boehm Collector  Don't feel bad about caving.  Went to Ulta today and yep, I caved.  On the IT eyeshadow palette you bought.  The one with the sparkly cover.  They had it sitting right out in front as soon as I walked in the door!  How could I not look at it?!  Really like the colors.  Ugh.  Had gone in to get some Tarte foundation - that was it, that was all I was going to get.  Yeah, right.  Ended up with the Tarte foundation, the IT bye bye redness - think I like this better than the Sephora color correctors - a Tarte lippe holiday set - they look like big crayons, this was a miss for me and will be taking them back, and then the IT eyeshadow palette.  The packaging on the IT eyeshadow palette got me.  I'll admit it.  But then I do like the colors a lot too.  

Came home and went through everything I have and organized it.  Have a small stack of stuff for Project Beauty.  I"m done now.  I swear it.

HI @JudyL .. I have to go through all my eyeshadow palettes so I can put aside the ones I want to donate to Project Beauty.  I have two Morphe palettes, each with 35 shadows, that I have hardly used.  Most of the colors in each palette haven't been touched at all.  Those two are definitely going to be donated.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector have you seen - in person - any mauve palettes?  Will be curious to see some over the coming months.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Boehm Collector have you seen - in person - any mauve palettes?  Will be curious to see some over the coming months.

Hi @JudyL ... I actually have the DOSE OF COLORS  Marvelous Mauves Eyeshadow Palette  Item 2513365 from Ulta.   I really like the colors alot.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector I saw that Dose of Colors one online and thought it was so pretty.  The reviews say tho that there is a lot of fall out and they are super powdery.  What do you think?

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Boehm Collector I saw that Dose of Colors one online and thought it was so pretty.  The reviews say tho that there is a lot of fall out and they are super powdery.  What do you think?

Yes, they are powdery and there is some fall out ...... but not enough to keep me from using and liking the palette.  BTW, I apply my eyeshadow before applying the rest of my  makeup so any fall out doesn't ruin everything.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector  Great!  I liked that palette and also apply eyeshadow first before face makeup.  Actually I start with eyebrow and work down.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Boehm Collector  Great!  I liked that palette and also apply eyeshadow first before face makeup.  Actually I start with eyebrow and work down.  LOL

Hi @JudyL ....   Speaking of eyebrows... do you know of any eyebrow pencil or tint that will cover gray?  I have a few stubborn gray hairs in my eyebrows that I can't seem to be able to cover.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JudyL ....  I finally used the Doll 10 Eyeshadow Palette yesterday.  Like you, I used the top row.  You are certainly right .... the colors are very light. But it was a nice daytime/office look.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector I answered your question under your eyebrow post  But in case you see this first, I use IT's "Build A Brow."  Used to use pencils but when I started using this, I never went back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector So glad it just wasn't me or how I was applying it that made the shadows seem light.  I still like it and will keep it.  Will try the other two rows.

Today I tried the IT ULTA palette - and love it!  So glad you told me how much you liked it, else I may not have paid much attention to it.  Used the shadows on the right side of the palette.  Really like it and so glad I got it.  Thanks!