Honored Contributor

Re: Eyeshadow Palettes Oh My!

@Boehm Collector and @mistriTsquirrel  Hold the presses!  The squirrel must have helped!  Decided to go to Sephora at lunch to look at the Kat Von D palette.  Sometimes its easier for me to decide about a palette if I see it in person rather than online.  Looked at it, liked it, told myself that I have similar colors at home, and put it back.  Didn't get it!  Can't believe I passed on a neutral eyeshadow palette but I did!  Almost had to sit down outside the store.....HAHA

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Oy MY, @JudyL  .. I found this palette on the Sephora Website:    KAT  VON D   Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette ITEM 1848530.  it looks really pretty.   I think I'm in trouble.     th.jpg

The original matte one or the glimmer one? I have the matte and it's nice although I don't do neutrals a lot, it's a very nice palette. I almost bought the glimmer one too. Her Saint and Sinner holiday palette is incredible. I love that one. @Boehm Collector

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@wagirl  You can probably donate your eyeshadow palettes you don't use to someone in need. Here is an article of different options:

https://hellogiggles.com/beauty/makeup/donate-unwanted-makeup-to-women-in-need/

Thank you for posting. I can certainly send off a few items to them.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Oy MY, @JudyL  .. I found this palette on the Sephora Website:    KAT  VON D   Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette ITEM 1848530.  it looks really pretty.   I think I'm in trouble.     th.jpg

The original matte one or the glimmer one? I have the matte and it's nice although I don't do neutrals a lot, it's a very nice palette. I almost bought the glimmer one too. Her Saint and Sinner holiday palette is incredible. I love that one. @Boehm Collector

Hi @jaxs mom ... it is the matte one.  Oh no ... now I will have to check out the Saint & Sinner Holiday Palette.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Boehm Collector and @mistriTsquirrel  Hold the presses!  The squirrel must have helped!  Decided to go to Sephora at lunch to look at the Kat Von D palette.  Sometimes its easier for me to decide about a palette if I see it in person rather than online.  Looked at it, liked it, told myself that I have similar colors at home, and put it back.  Didn't get it!  Can't believe I passed on a neutral eyeshadow palette but I did!  Almost had to sit down outside the store.....HAHA

@JudyL

Glad I could be of assistance, Ma'am.

Just think of me when you need help.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Hi @JudyL and @mistriTsquirrel   .....  I caved before I read @JudyL 's post.  LOL.  I am just so weak!!  I'll let you know what I think of it once it arrives.

Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @jaxs mom ... I just checked out the Saint and Sinner holiday palette.  While there are some really pretty colors there are just too many I probably wouldn't use.  

Esteemed Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@wagirl  You can probably donate your eyeshadow palettes you don't use to someone in need. Here is an article of different options:

https://hellogiggles.com/beauty/makeup/donate-unwanted-makeup-to-women-in-need/

Hi @momoftwo2007 .. thanks so much for posting this info.  I am definitely going to send the palettes I don't use to them!!!

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector  Don't feel bad about caving.  Went to Ulta today and yep, I caved.  On the IT eyeshadow palette you bought.  The one with the sparkly cover.  They had it sitting right out in front as soon as I walked in the door!  How could I not look at it?!  Really like the colors.  Ugh.  Had gone in to get some Tarte foundation - that was it, that was all I was going to get.  Yeah, right.  Ended up with the Tarte foundation, the IT bye bye redness - think I like this better than the Sephora color correctors - a Tarte lippe holiday set - they look like big crayons, this was a miss for me and will be taking them back, and then the IT eyeshadow palette.  The packaging on the IT eyeshadow palette got me.  I'll admit it.  But then I do like the colors a lot too.  

Came home and went through everything I have and organized it.  Have a small stack of stuff for Project Beauty.  I"m done now.  I swear it.

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 Thank you for posting about Project Beauty.  Checked out their website and have a few things I'll be sending them.  Also happened to mention it to the sales person at Ulta this morning and she was really excited about it.  She wrote the name down so she wouldn't forget.