Honored Contributor

What a shock, right?!  I had two eye shadow palettes that I ordered waiting for me when I got home today.  Tarte Double Duty (their Q holiday palette) A299590 and Doll 10 Pro Nude A290427.  

I really like both of them!  To be honest I wasn't sure when I ordered them and had kind of prepared myself that they may not be to my liking.  I am a matte person, do not like sparkly and was a little concerned these would be.  While some of the colors are shimmery, to me they are not sparkly.

All the colors are nice, neutral, soft, yet very pigmented colors and I feel very wearable even for someone like me in my early 60's.  There are plenty of colors to play with and get different looks from.  Very glad I bought these and know that I'll have fun trying out the different combos.  

Definitely worth it if you've been thinking about them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eyeshadow Palettes Oh My!

@JudyL wrote:

What a shock, right?!  I had two eye shadow palettes that I ordered waiting for me when I got home today.  Tarte Double Duty (their Q holiday palette) A299590 and Doll 10 Pro Nude A290427.  

I really like both of them!  To be honest I wasn't sure when I ordered them and had kind of prepared myself that they may not be to my liking.  I am a matte person, do not like sparkly and was a little concerned these would be.  While some of the colors are shimmery, to me they are not sparkly.

All the colors are nice, neutral, soft, yet very pigmented colors and I feel very wearable even for someone like me in my early 60's.  There are plenty of colors to play with and get different looks from.  Very glad I bought these and know that I'll have fun trying out the different combos.  

Definitely worth it if you've been thinking about them.

Hi @JudyL,  I received my Doll 10 Pro Nude A290427 yesterday.  I haven't used it yet but agree with your assessment of the colors.  On Wednesday I received my IT Cosmetics IT Girl Limited Edition Palette from Ulta.  The colors on the left side are in the brown family while the colors on the right are in the mauve family.  Each side has a base color and two matte & two shimmery/satin colors ..... not at all too sparkly.  They all look really pretty.  So far I've only used the colors on the left and really like the look I have created.  I'm happy with my purchase.  Will let you know what I think if the Doll Palette as soon as I start playing with it.  

Honored Contributor

I have at least 5 eye shadow palettes---and don't use any of them!!! Too many weird colors and now that I am home, no need for much make up--prob will throw them out. I do use Naked Decay---is that the right name?? the basic 5 neutral shadow palette so will keep that one.

Esteemed Contributor

Oy MY, @JudyL  .. I found this palette on the Sephora Website:    KAT  VON D   Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette ITEM 1848530.  it looks really pretty.   I think I'm in trouble.     th.jpg

Respected Contributor

@wagirl  You can probably donate your eyeshadow palettes you don't use to someone in need. Here is an article of different options:

https://hellogiggles.com/beauty/makeup/donate-unwanted-makeup-to-women-in-need/

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector  Oh my!  Went and looked at the Kat Von D palette and that looks great!  Did you see it has over 1400 - 5 star reviews?!  Also looked at the IT one again so I could remember what you got.  Both look wonderful.  Ugh.  No, Judy, No.

I used the Doll 10 eye shadow this morning.  Used the top row and I must say its pretty light.  The lightest color went on very well but felt that I had to put a lot on of the lightest brown to see much of anything.  The mid-brown had more pigment.  Did not use the darkest brown which could be used as a liner.  In all fairness, it is the lightest of the rows and I remember the host saying that about it..  Anyway, I do like how it looks.  Staying power shouldn't be a problem as I use a primer.

Let me know if you get the Kat Von D palette!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

@Boehm Collector  Oh my!  Went and looked at the Kat Von D palette and that looks great!  Did you see it has over 1400 - 5 star reviews?!  Also looked at the IT one again so I could remember what you got.  Both look wonderful.  Ugh.  No, Judy, No.

I used the Doll 10 eye shadow this morning.  Used the top row and I must say its pretty light.  The lightest color went on very well but felt that I had to put a lot on of the lightest brown to see much of anything.  The mid-brown had more pigment.  Did not use the darkest brown which could be used as a liner.  In all fairness, it is the lightest of the rows and I remember the host saying that about it..  Anyway, I do like how it looks.  Staying power shouldn't be a problem as I use a primer.

Let me know if you get the Kat Von D palette!  LOL

Yes @JudyL  .. I did notice the 1400+ - 5 star reviews.  But  I haven't had time to read them yet.   I am really trying to restrain myself from purchasing it.   LOL   Thanks for the review of the top row of the Doll 10 palette.  Glad you like how it looks in spite of it being light ... but that is probably really good for a daytime look.   

Esteemed Contributor

Image result for struggling squirrel

Must......not......p-purchase......ack!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Image result for struggling squirrel

Must......not......p-purchase......ack!!

LOL @mistriTsquirrel  . .that is so cute!!!

Honored Contributor

mom--no, I wouldn't donate used make up no matter what. I have a real problem with that---wouldn't want it for myself either. If it were all packaged and sealed---a big maybe even then, but certainly not anything used.