Honored Contributor

Eyeshadow Color for Black/Red

What is your favorite eyeshadow combination to wear with black & red?

Respected Contributor

Re: Eyeshadow Color for Black/Red

I wear a neutral eye of taupe and grey and either a strong blush with a nude lip, or or a strong lip with soft blush.  

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

What is your favorite eyeshadow combination to wear with black & red?

@Icegoddess   I do my eye shadow choices based on eye color and complexion and do not change them to match clothing. I wear black, white and grey most of the time, but would never do a black or white shadow on myself.

I do have a grey shadow palette, but tone it down and it's mostly used when I'm dressed up and want to do a smokey eye.

Others here may have more suggestions for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Shadow for me is always soft, just above the crease for definition.  Whatever cheek color I use, I also use for that bit of shadow. 

I like more liner emphasis, and color/s chosen there compliments my eye color & skin tone, rather than what I wear.

It's the intensity of lip color that I sometimes think more about, especially with red, and what statement I am going for.

Honored Contributor

I wear taupe with everything.

Respected Contributor

I think a silver or grey eyeshadow would be pretty with black and red.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess  - A silver and charcoal grey combo would be pretty.  I have a quad from Clinique that I like with these colors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whatever colors you choose @Icegoddess , add some of your shimmer/glitter.  Love the pics you've posted with the shimmer.  

Honored Contributor

So, I went with a couple of new Tarte palettes I have.  Two shades from Rainforest of the Sea II and two shades from The Sea.

I started out with the two shown here, the lighter color (Serene) over my entire lower lid and the darker color (Chill Out) in the crease, and blended down onto the lower lid.  They both have a bit of shimmer to them.  The darker color is rather like an aubergine and the lighter color has a pink tone to it.

Serene & Chill Out.jpg

Next I followed with a dark grey (Riptide) on the outer corner extending out a bit and finished off with a light (Pearl) color under my brow bone. The Pearl is right next to the dark grey.

Riptide & Pearl.jpg

@San Antonio Gal I may post a pic of it over on the other thread when I post today's outfit.  I think it looks better full face vs just the eyes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would probably do a light grey transition on the entire lid up to the brow bone, a pale cream shade right under the brow, a medium grey in the crease and outer corner, then smoke out the outer corner with a darker charcoal - blending all with each addition. Then I'd press a little silver in the center of the lid.