Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

So far, so good!  I just was able to sign back in from days of being shut out!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus 

So far, so good!  I just was able to sign back in from days of being shut out!  

@AngelPuppy1   I think there are 2 groups: some are glad to be back here posting and others are so pis*ed off, they left for good.

Trusted Contributor

What black eyeshadow? I would love to try that, where do you get black? Thanks

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

@dogsx3 

I use NYX in "Raven".  About $6. It's not super dark black but more of a very dark charcoal black so you get a softer look with it.

download (2).jpg

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

At first I thought it was something with just my computer and then I saw other posts having similar problems.  I was frustrated trying and trying and then calling and still not being able to get in.  I was on my last try when I finally got in!  If that hadn't worked, I just decided I was going to forget about it.  While I do very much enjoy spending time here, I wasn't going to waste any more time with it..... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

@dogsx3   It doesn't have to be a jet black shadow, but most paletes have a dark shadow meant to be used as liner. When wet, it's darker.

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

I usually take a pencil liner and only tight-line across my upper lid and only about 1/3 of the way on my bottom lid.  Tight-lining the upper lid makes you look like your lash line is fuller.  I usually take my crease shadow color and put that underneath my lower lashes.  Occasionally I'll line my upper lid on top of my lashes.  I always use a pencil and then smudge it out with a brush.  

One of my coworkers the other day had her eyes lined with black, but the top line didn't touch her lash line.  It looks so bad.  *cringe*

@Mellie32   That "slice" of skin under the lashes becomes more prominent as we age...more red, too. I like to tightline between the lashes and then lightly line the waterline on upper lid, too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Someomne mentioned here or on another post that since they wear glasses, they no longer bother w/ eye makeup.

When I started wearing my glasses full time instead of readers, I paid more attention than ever to eye makeup. Brows are important and if you don't want to bother w/ shadow, concealer and a fine line on top is all that's needed to help eyes be seen through the glasses.

Super Contributor
If I use shadow to line, I use Inglot Duraline to make it last. Works for me plus it applies easier. Otherwise I use MAC pencil or Haus Laboratories gel liner.
Honored Contributor

@all wrote:
If I use shadow to line, I use Inglot Duraline to make it last. Works for me plus it applies easier. Otherwise I use MAC pencil or Haus Laboratories gel liner.

For me the whole point of using an eyeshadow to apply directly into my lash line  is so that it would be easier to remove. If I apply anything waterproof then that makes it very difficult to wash off and I have a problem with that.