Honored Contributor

I have a lot of redness in my waterline and for many years I would apply liners there to cover the redness...I really hate the redness there and I think it destroys the look of my eye makeup.

So just recently I discovered a cure for my red waterlines...I use LUMIFY eye drops. BUT here's what I do:  place one drop of the Lumify into the cap, dip your eyeliner brush into the cap and apply it directly across your waterline. The redness is gone in a matter of minutes and the result is phenomenal. That just makes everything look so much better! 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have a lot of redness in my waterline and for many years I would apply liners there to cover the redness...I really hate the redness there and I think it destroys the look of my eye makeup.

So just recently I discovered a cure for my red waterlines...I use LUMIFY eye drops. BUT here's what I do:  place one drop of the Lumify into the cap, dip your eyeliner brush into the cap and apply it directly across your waterline. The redness is gone in a matter of minutes and the result is phenomenal. That just makes everything look so much better! 

@SilleeMee  Lumify is a great product, in general, but not sure if it's safe to apply directly to waterline. On bottom waterline, if I have redness, I apply an off-white liner (waterproof). Laura Geller makes one just for that purpose and I use one from Tarte. The top is taken care of w/ same liner as between lashes.

I neglected to mentioned that another favorite tightline and upper waterline color is a dark navy. It makes the whites of eyes look very white and bright. I probably use navy more than black, but it needs to be a dark navy. BB used to make it in gel liner. I had several backups before it was discontinued. Now I use a pencil. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I don't see a problem with putting the Lumify on my waterline. It is made to go in your eyes but the waterline is always in direct contact with your eyes. So there shouldn't be any problems there. Also interesting to note is the active ingredient found in Lumify is also used in a Rx redness-reducing facial cream.

ETA- I actually discovered the reduced redness of my waterlines after using Lumify as directed.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus 

I don't see a problem with putting the Lumify on my waterline. It is made to go in your eyes but the waterline is always in direct contact with your eyes. So there shouldn't be any problems there. Also interesting to note is the active ingredient found in Lumify is also used in a Rx redness-reducing facial cream.

ETA- I actually discovered the reduced redness of my waterlines after using Lumify as directed.

@SilleeMee   Happy you've done your due diligence. My eyes are so sensitive that I can't wear contact lenses, so am extra cautious. 

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl I'm a little crepey on my lids as well.  I make sure I rub off the eyeshadow left from the day before, and start on top of my lashes from the inside.  When the pencil stops, I start from the end.  Works great, and I don't have to stretch my eyelid.

I use pencil on top of my Revlon eyeshadow with Two Faced Eyeshadow Primer.

My eyeliner is the ink one by Bobbi Brown.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl I own Quickliner by Clinique.  It is very smooth when applying and I own the regular and intense.  I love the smudge brush at the end for when you want to apply under the lower lashes.  Reasonably priced too.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1  @bargainsgirl   I also use the Clinique one. 

Sometimes if I am rushed, I use my mascara as eyeliner. Just kind of smudge it in on the bottom lashes. Lasts all day too lol

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

Sometimes if I am rushed, I use my mascara as eyeliner. Just kind of smudge it in on the bottom lashes. Lasts all day too lol

@SunSprite 

I watched a video where a woman used a flat liner brush, swiped it into her mascara wand and then pressed the flat liner brush into the base of her lashline. In other words, she used the mascara liquid as a tightliner. That made her lashes look thicker even though she didn't have any mascara on the lashes themselves. I thought that was ingenious.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee    I'm a bit of a clutz so I kind of discovered it by accident  Cat Very Happy....I was really amazed by the staying power! The mascara/eyeliner did not budge until I took it off at night.

It really is an ideal solution for those of us that lack great coordination. 

(I was never great with coloring within the lines either haha)

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SunSprite wrote:

@SunSprite 

I watched a video where a woman used a flat liner brush, swiped it into her mascara wand and then pressed the flat liner brush into the base of her lashline. In other words, she used the mascara liquid as a tightliner. That made her lashes look thicker even though she didn't have any mascara on the lashes themselves. I thought that was ingenious.

@SilleeMee  - Wow thanks for passing along the idea.  I will have to try it.