Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  I sometimes do the same w/ dark shadow. The idea of liner is make lashes look thicker and eyes more defined. I just make sure there's no lid (skin) showing between liner and lashes. Really have to get brush or pencil down in there. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, to making sure no skin shows between liner and lashes. One who, as I recall, was always photographed with that dreaded space, was Mary Tyler Moore.

As noted, you just have to be sure to work your product--whatever it is--between the lashes. I'd been doing that for decades, applying the liner to the *underside* of the lashes, before it was even called "tightlining."

What worries you masters you.
Super Contributor

I have tried and tried to get my mom to stop with anything using eye shadows as eyeliner. Her pencil and potential liquid eyeliner usage is just so heavy. She will not relinquish her cosmetics that she has used all her life.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jobiz wrote:
Any suggestions for a liquid eyeliner for shaky hands and creepy lids? Thanks

@jobiz and others: Liquid liners are difficult even on smoothe lids with a steady hand. I recommend Bobbi's Gel Liner in a pot w/ a very fine brush. Chocolate Brown or Graphite are great. Black is too harsh, but there's a Black Mauve (has a hint of mauve that lightens the black) that's beautiful. I use the last one to line inside my upper water line. Yes, the gel liner is super waterproof. 

For a pencil, try Mally's or UD 24/7 pencils. 

I don't even have any liquid liner for myself or clients. They're definitely daunting. Nothing worse than getting shadow perfect and messing up liner and having to start over. Oh, wet dark shadow is also a great liner...a much softer look, too than liquid liners.

I ditto this!  I love BB gel eyeliner.  My two colors are also Black Mauve and Graphite.  When I'm in a hurry, I use Urban Decay in color, Smoke. If my hand not steady that day, I just dot it between my lashes and use a sponge tip to connect the dots.