Respected Contributor

I dip an eyeliner brush in some water, shake it off a little and then dip it in eye shadow for a liquid type eyeliner.  It's not as intense but maybe she can try it out and see if it works for her.  I give your Mom a lot of credit for still trying to look nice and take pride in her appearance at her age.  That's a good sign!!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jobiz wrote:
Any suggestions for a liquid eyeliner for shaky hands and creepy lids? Thanks

@jobiz and others: Liquid liners are difficult even on smoothe lids with a steady hand. I recommend Bobbi's Gel Liner in a pot w/ a very fine brush. Chocolate Brown or Graphite are great. Black is too harsh, but there's a Black Mauve (has a hint of mauve that lightens the black) that's beautiful. I use the last one to line inside my upper water line. Yes, the gel liner is super waterproof. 

For a pencil, try Mally's or UD 24/7 pencils. 

I don't even have any liquid liner for myself or clients. They're definitely daunting. Nothing worse than getting shadow perfect and messing up liner and having to start over. Oh, wet dark shadow is also a great liner...a much softer look, too than liquid liners.

Respected Contributor

There are a lot of options out there. I like the felt type liner for liquid liner.

Kat Von D Tattoo, Mac Brushstroke 24 Hr Liner & Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2 In1 Eyeliner are all really nice. All of them come in black, but I really like the Dk Brown from Physician's Formula.

Just lay it along the lash line & lightly sketch it across. I keep a clean angled brush close in case I need to smooth any skips & then use a damp Q-Tip to make my tail clean.

I do love Mac's Liquidlast. It comes in great colors & is bomb proof. But, it is a pain to apply nicely.

Edited to add: I can do shimmer on my lids, but I have to use a matter liner. Any shimmer right along my lash line really emphasizes that the lid isn't as smooth as it used to be.

Regular Contributor
Thank you everyone!!!
Honored Contributor

@jobiz  I would recommend Stilla waterproof eyeliner.  It is  felt tipped liquid liner.  Each pen lasts a really long time also.  I recently broke my dominant hand but had no trouble applying this eyeliner with my other hand.    

Trusted Contributor

I like the Laura Geller Kajal eyeliners. They're a thick line making them easy to use if your hand isn't so steady, and they work well on my beginning to be wrinkly eyelids. Apply the line, smudge right away as you want, then it sets and lasts till you remove. Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

I also like the Stila felt tip liners, very easy to apply, first a thin line and if it is shaky then even it out and make it a little wider and smoother.  Works great on my 73-year-old lids!  It comes in some very nice colors, a soft grey that is great for me, adds definition yet isn't harsh.  

Honored Contributor

I use a flat liner brush and apply black powder eyeshadow directly into my lash line. With a flat liner brush you just press it along your lash line, don't sweep it until you get to the 'wing' part on the outer corners. I like to use the flat liner brush slightly wet then swipe into the shadow and that way it gives more definition (darker). 

These are the liner products I use:

Bdellium Tools Professional Eco-Friendly Makeup Brush Green Bambu Series with Vegan Synthetic Bristles - Flat Eye Definer 714 - $9 (Amazon)

This brush is about 5 inches long and very easy to manipulate across your eyelid. Bristles are firm and puts down a very fine line. Top-rated.

61dTz-OEukL._SX522_.jpg

NYX Cosmetics Hot Singles Eye Shadow Raven - $5 

download.jpg

NYX shadow is nearly black, not heavily pigmented which means you can apply a lighter coverage or it can be layered to give more color. It's matte and can be used wet.
Honored Contributor

After seeing all the suggestions here, including mine, I'm wondering have you asked her why she wants to try liquid liner? What is she trying to achieve?

Respected Contributor

A tip for applying any liquid liner is to rest your elbows  on your counter and then apply your liner. That way you have more stability.