Valued Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I’ve been using Revlon liquid eyeliner in blackest black for years ... goes on easy & stays on all day 😀

I used Revlon liquid eyeliner for 40 years.  Then one day my eyelids developed an itchy rash right along my lash line.  I had developed an allergy to this eyeliner. It is the best, easy on, no budge eyeliner ever and I’m sick that I can’t wear it any longer.  I have since discovered Laura Geller Luster Eyes and I like it.....it has been discontinued.  Rats!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Trusted Contributor

@Jesttalking2 wrote:

Okay, I have tried the Belle eyeliner and thought it tugged and didn’t have staying power.  I tried IT. no luck again.  I ordered a Laura Geller sample so waiting to see if that works.  

What’t your favorite eyeliner that stays and doesn’t tug or is there really one?

thank you

jesttalking

Boy! I think you wrote this post for me.  I've tried  mostly everything.  Tried Laura's, etc., My next to last brand was Belle Beauty. Some of the products I really like; mascara,wish she'd come out with non glitter Shadow sticks- I can't wear the ones she has now- I liked the pencil eyeliner, at first. Then it dried out and left smudges under the brow.

I like waterproof, or water resistent, at least. I was in need of a very good waterproof eyeliner and I knew Belle wasn't going to hold up to humidity and a fair amount of Happy crying, plus cruelty free.

I bought a few brands from my local store. By far the best waterproof long lasting eyeliner I've ever tried ( lots in 5 decades of buying makeup) is Covergirl. It's wonderful, and brown isn't almost black, it's great.

When I know my morning will be hectic and I have to run out, i'll put it on before bed and it's still great in the morning; no smudges, nothing. It gildes on nicely too.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

Stila All-Day Waterproof eyeliner. Great colors, goes on easy & is now 15% off @ Nordstrom from $22 to $18.70.

Honored Contributor

I like Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner.  It goes on easily and lasts all day.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Gel/crayon pencil -- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil

Liquid -- Urban Decay Razor Sharp Eyeliner

Smashbox Petal Metal Liquid Eyeliner (2 colors)

i just recently tried the urban decay razor eyeliner. got a awesome color, and i liked the application. but..... i found a couple of hours later, since they are calling it all day or something, that i had a little gap in the corner of my eye, and went to fix it, and i could peel the entire "line" off. pulled it off in a strip. bummer.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo  Yes it does peel off when it’s removed. So you may have to be extra careful making that line. It is also a worry for those wearing co facts, when they go to remove the makeup.

But it makes a fabulous line (thick or thin).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I use urban decay 24/7 pencil.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT  I also sent the Belle eyeliners back--the set of blue, etc. and the brown set.  (haven't received credit yet for the brown and I did contact Customer Service--guess I shouldn't have sent them together, but they were in same order with TSV which I also returned)   Lesson learned to not send items together and not to order again as returns are costly.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've always had the best luck with L'Oreal eyeliners for long lasting, especially the liquid liner in the tube (easiest to apply). I've never had any luck whatsoever with pencil liners of any brand - they always tug and pull. I also like L'Oreal gel liner. Very reasonable prices and available in local stores.

Contributor

Thank you for all your replies.  I usually use the pencil, should have sent Belle back but will throw it away.  I usually put a dry eyeshadow powder over the eyeliner but still doesn’t work.  I do put oil on my eyes and I have extremely dry eyes so I have to put eye drops in often.  Think I’ll try the urban decay seems to have gotten a lot of votes