Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think the best thing for old, crinkle eyes is to forgo eyeliner.  I see it on older women and it doesn't enhance; it just sticks out like a sore thumb.

I think part of the problem is lining both the top & bottom lash lines. It is too severe a look especially if black is used. I use a thin line at the upper lashes and line the outer corner of the lower lash line (figure a third of the way). 

I also use colors instead of neutrals all the time.

@JustJazzmom  If you ‘d like to try a natural look, use eyeshadow w/ a liner brush under lower lashes. It gives a soft look. I tend to only tightline and line inner rim of top lid. At my age, enough stuff will go south, so I like to keep folks looking north. Lol

Honored Contributor

@Shanus, I’ve used eyeshadow as a liner but I believe the OP had the problem of it fading when she used eye shadow.

I’ve used a thin conical shaped sponge applicator from the Lancome Color Design Palettes.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Shanus, I’ve used eyeshadow as a liner but I believe the OP had the problem of it fading when she used eye shadow.

I’ve used a thin conical shaped sponge applicator from the Lancome Color Design Palettes.

@JustJazzmom  It depends on the amount of wrinkles and krinkles. It sometimes gets to the point where a pale shadow, mascara is the best w/o liner. 

Esteemed Contributor

I use Clinique's dry cake eyeliner.....for years....works great...

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl I have used about every form of eyeliner out there and I find dealing with the crinkly eyes makes a big difference. I use a good serum that goes on the lids and then add a fine line with bobbi brown gel liner or I just tight line if in a hurry. I also recommend mally's gel pencils. I am mid 60's and use dr gross's eye serum, isomers mezmerize (not sure how to spell that) and alternate in ptr eye firming serum. I also use a liquid liner at times to tight line.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Don't laugh, OK?  I use Physicians Formula.  It's called Eye Booster.  2 in 1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum.  Don't believe the Serum part, but the tip of the liner is like a super fine sharpie pen that bends.  You can get a super thin line just at the upper lash line.    I can't get that with a pencil, even a soft one, no matter how much I practice.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Rather than an actual eyeliner, I prefer using a flat brush, dampening it with rosewater, and then dipping it into eyeshadow.  I tightline so my liner doesn't take up valuable real estate on my mobile lid.  I also find tightlining underneath my upper lashline, making sure it's all filled in, gives the appearance of fuller lashes .  IMO, tightlining is more flattering for older women.  I only line the tops.  Lining the bottoms will make the eyes look smaller or closed.  

Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

Don't laugh, OK?  I use Physicians Formula.  It's called Eye Booster.  2 in 1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum.  Don't believe the Serum part, but the tip of the liner is like a super fine sharpie pen that bends.  You can get a super thin line just at the upper lash line.    I can't get that with a pencil, even a soft one, no matter how much I practice.  

When I was using a legit liner, I used this all the time.  

Valued Contributor

Another vote for tightlining the upper lash line, if it's done right there are no harsh lines.  I like urban dECAY  24/7 pencil, and Bobbi brown gel (in a pot). Just try not to blink for a few seconds to give the liner time to set, then it lasts all day. I don't use liner on my lowers, just powder eyeshadow or a longwear shadow stick/cream.

Honored Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

@bargainsgirl I have used about every form of eyeliner out there and I find dealing with the crinkly eyes makes a big difference. I use a good serum that goes on the lids and then add a fine line with bobbi brown gel liner or I just tight line if in a hurry. I also recommend mally's gel pencils. I am mid 60's and use dr gross's eye serum, isomers mezmerize (not sure how to spell that) and alternate in ptr eye firming serum. I also use a liquid liner at times to tight line.

@Jk9. Be careful w/ serums or products that claim to tighten lids. They can be quite drying, irritating & rarely work. I won’t use them. I’d rather use a cosmetic solution like tight lining.