Respected Contributor

WHat is a good eyeliner for older crinkly eyes?  I have tried gel (terrible) and pencil but they seem to be so dry and drag on the skin.  I have been wetting bare mineral eye shadows and using that but it does not last all day.  Looking for a similar application I guess...

Honored Contributor

I went old school a year or so ago.  I bought Clinique’s brown cake eyeliner and have had good luck with it.  

Super Contributor

BareMinerals does make powdered eyeliners as well, and they do stay on great.  I'm 78 almost 79 and have used it for years.  Their eyeliner pencils are very good as well.

Honored Contributor

I have older eyes too. My favorite eyeliner is called Evercolor Ultimate waterproof eyeliner by Mally. I bought the set a few years back and this is the last one in the set. This is my favorite.

Honored Contributor

I think the best thing for old, crinkle eyes is to forgo eyeliner.  I see it on older women and it doesn't enhance; it just sticks out like a sore thumb.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like to tight-line as well as apply liner to my inner rims. That gives my eyes more definition without having to actually draw a line around them. I use gel pencil liners in various brands. I'm 62.

Honored Contributor

I found that many drugstore eyeliners as well as a high end one Lancôme Le Crayon Kohl dragged across the eyelids. But the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencil is very easy to apply without drag. Try at an Ulta or Sephora or some special Macy’s counters (Impulse kiosks) this eye liner pencil.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think the best thing for old, crinkle eyes is to forgo eyeliner.  I see it on older women and it doesn't enhance; it just sticks out like a sore thumb.

I think part of the problem is lining both the top & bottom lash lines. It is too severe a look especially if black is used. I use a thin line at the upper lashes and line the outer corner of the lower lash line (figure a third of the way). 

I also use colors instead of neutrals all the time.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I like to use black because my hair is black.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

WHat is a good eyeliner for older crinkly eyes?  I have tried gel (terrible) and pencil but they seem to be so dry and drag on the skin.  I have been wetting bare mineral eye shadows and using that but it does not last all day.  Looking for a similar application I guess...

@bargainsgirl  The purpose of liner is to define the eye and make lashes look thicker. It may be great for you to learn to tight line w/ a waterproof pencil. You make tiny dots between your top lashes before mascara....You tube has helpful videos. You achieve a liner look w/o even getting product on the lids. Pencil choices should be dark brown, navy, charcoal...black may be too harsh unless you have brown eyes and dark lashes.