Valued Contributor

I have tried a lot of eyeliners, but I usually go back to either the L'Oreal colorstay pencils or Cover Girl pencil (forgot the name). Have you tried putting an eyelid primer on first? The Melani is good.  I have also discovered that if I don't put mascara on after the liner, my liner won't stay as long.  Something about the mascara seems to help seal it in. (I am talking about times when I am home and don't feel the need for mascara).

Honored Contributor

Mally's original Starlight pencil liners (the ones you sharpen) stay on me and don't smear. I have to take them off with eye makeup remover. There is a nice set of 5 HERE that are her original colors. You can also buy them individually, but the selection is limited right now. 

Look for ones from "Mally Beauty," instead of "Beauty Visions." Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

When I moved to the desert (Las Vegas area) I decided to get permanent eyeliner & brows and my lips done.  The eyeliner was the best thing I ever did and I was in my 60's.  No more smearing of eyeliner at all.  I was fortunate to find a woman who was a dermatology RN for 30 yrs. who started her own business.  She also would do free permanent makeup for breast cancer survivors.  It was worth the $350.  Unfortunately, she passed away from complications of back surgery. 

Super Contributor

Bobbie Brown, Kat Von D or using a dark eyeshadow (applied with a moistened eyeliner brush) work best for me.  Usually I apply over an eyeshadow base.

Respected Contributor

@mcducky wrote:

Bobbie Brown, Kat Von D or using a dark eyeshadow (applied with a moistened eyeliner brush) work best for me.  Usually I apply over an eyeshadow base.

I agree with you.After trying tons of eyeliners through the years    

I now use an eyeshadow also and it stays on all day plus looks    

much softer than a pencil. My biggest problem was  with 

brown eyeliners thy went on Black!! Plus with powders you have a choice in tons of colors!!

Respected Contributor

I just purchased the best eyeliner I've ever used (I'm 65) and I've used them all.  It's Infinity Waterproof Eyeliner from Thrive Cosmetics.  It's the only eyeliner I've ever used that I didn't have to reapply after I use an eyelash curler.  I wore it overnight and it even stayed put.  

https://thrivecausemetics.com/products/waterproof-eyeliner

Respected Contributor

I love Urban Decay 24/7 liners. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Eyeliner woes

[ Edited ]

@tdog I would suggest IT cosmetics automatic waterproof gel pencil liner. They do not budge at all! & it has a sharpener on the other end of the pencil to make a sharper point to the gel...Consider also using a more matte eyelid primer. I also have pencils liners from UD & Stila etc, & they work well but not as well as IT. If your looking also for a liquid liner, I would suggest Stila Stay All Day. 

Respected Contributor

The best eyeliner I have ever used is actually eyeshadow. There are several beautiful colors in the Paula's Choice Matte Nude Pallette suitable for eyeliner. I use a small angled brush and tap one of the dark colors into the base of my eyelashes from inner eye to outer eye. There is no line on the skin, just a beautiful definition. i guess it might be like the tight lining method. So easy, so pretty, doesn't smear, fade or budge. I remove it with micellar water.

Respected Contributor

@Silver Lining I agree that a pigmented eyeshadow is a good choice. I also use it with a pencil brush & find its a softer look & lasting.