Respected Contributor

I'm the only one I know who wasn't fond of PC's special edition matte eye palette.  I use it with a damp brush for liner.  Sometimes I use a pencil and use dry shadow over it.  I think there's a lot of truth in priming first for less smearing & the longevity of liner.

Honored Contributor

@tdog. My eyes also need definition now that I'm older. I've found that black liner on my lids is a bit strong looking, but at Sephora, the MUA taught me how to tightline (lots of help on YouTube). You press and wiggle a waterproof pencil (Mally's black pencils that come 4 or 5 to a box online are perfect) between the top lashes. You get definition, lashes look thicker after mascara & it looks more natural than black liner. Sometimes if going out, I'll add a dk. brown thin eye liner on lid or charcoal grey.

Contributor

I am 66 and use Laura Geller and Charlotte Tilbury.  I promise they stay on til you take them off!

Respected Contributor

I really like L'Oreal's Infallible liner. 

Valued Contributor

I am the OP and I thank all of you for your suggestions. I can't use liquid eyeliner at all. It just makes a mess for me. I still have some old Bobbi Brown gels and if they haven't dried out, I will give them a try again. Gel eyeliners sound interesting, and maybe I should use an eyelid primer, but I hate to put all that stuff around my eyes. They are a bit sensitive and tear up at some products.. I havd been considering the permanent eyeliner route, but I am a chicken and fear someone bothching it up. There are a couple of highly recommended artilsts here in my area. It really is a problem, because eyeliner is really the only thing that makes my eyes stand out a little now. Perhaps I should try some eye shadows to do the job. Everything seems to take so much more effort now that I am getting older. I want to look nice but half the time I just want to say #### it and go out looking "au natural". Then I know I am becoming invisible.

Esteemed Contributor

@tdog wrote:

I am the OP and I thank all of you for your suggestions. I can't use liquid eyeliner at all. It just makes a mess for me. I still have some old Bobbi Brown gels and if they haven't dried out, I will give them a try again. Gel eyeliners sound interesting, and maybe I should use an eyelid primer, but I hate to put all that stuff around my eyes. They are a bit sensitive and tear up at some products.. I havd been considering the permanent eyeliner route, but I am a chicken and fear someone bothching it up. There are a couple of highly recommended artilsts here in my area. It really is a problem, because eyeliner is really the only thing that makes my eyes stand out a little now. Perhaps I should try some eye shadows to do the job. Everything seems to take so much more effort now that I am getting older. I want to look nice but half the time I just want to say #### it and go out looking "au natural". Then I know I am becoming invisible.

@tdog, I received my purchase of three of Laura Geller's new Kajal eyeliners. I tried them once and am very very pleased with them. They lay down easily and smoothly with good pigment. They did not move around and lasted about l2 hours.

Like you,, I have sensitive eyes, and they didn't bother my eyes at all. I used on the water line and that was good. I don't have one complaint.

I had been using Skinn eyeliners for about a year. Laura's are equally as good from my one try.

Honored Contributor

Gotta use a primer first...walla...eyeliner will stay on till removed. 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

What primer do you use?

Honored Contributor

@tdog wrote:

What primer do you use?

Urban Decay makes this multipurpose primer pencil...$18. @tdog

3605970925659_ozone.jpg

Respected Contributor

I use a self sharpening eyliner. Drugstore brand. Does not bleed out.  I will post it as soon as I can remember the brand