Honored Contributor

Re: Eyeliner woes

[ Edited ]

I've been wearing a black liner made by L.A. Girl...I know the name sounds juvenile but this inexpensive automatic pencil stays a surprisingly long time on my lids. I tightline my uppers and also line my upper waterline. Stays all day for me with little ending up on my lower lids.  It's appropriately named Endless Semi-permanent Auto Eyeliner and it costs less than $5. I think I own five different colors and smudge them out as shadows. 

$_35.JPG

Respected Contributor

Everyday that I apply makeup, I prime my eyes with the MAC 24 hr e/s base and then MAC Painterly paint pot. I then set them with a skin toned e/s and then do my eyes. Even if I don't wear e/s I still apply primer and set it prior to doing my liner. I know this helps keep my liner stay in place. If I don't wear e/s, I sometimes will top my liner with a same color e/s. I know this might sound a bit much, but really it's not. My e/s never creases and my liner stays put. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Through the years, Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in a pot has been my go to. I've tried other liners, but none stay on and don't smudge like BB. I buy mine from Nordstroms, as shipping and returns are free. Sephora carries BB, but Ulta doesn't. 

BB has matte and some shimmer liners...the shimmer aren't iridescent, but provide a nice balance to a matte eyeshadow.

At this time I have sepia brown. graphite shimmer, black scotch, violet, and ivy shimmer ink. 

I am 64 yr.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've been wearing a black liner made by L.A. Girl...I know the name sounds juvenile but this inexpensive automatic pencil stays a surprisingly long time on my lids. I tightline my uppers and also line my upper waterline. Stays all day for me with little ending up on my lower lids.  It's appropriately named Endless Semi-permanent Auto Eyeliner and it costs less than $5. I think I own five different colors and smudge them out as shadows. 

$_35.JPG

@SilleeMee  This line is now at Ulta. Have you tried any other products from their line? They have a couple blushes that look beautiful but I've only looked at them online. Their foundation seems to be loved. So affordable! 

Honored Contributor

No, I have not tried anything else from L.A. Girl @wvumountiefan, just the liners. 

Respected Contributor

I use pencil eyeliner, then go over it with corresponding shadow applied with a wet Q-tip.  It stays until I take it off. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils or using their Razor Sharp liquid eyeliner in a tube with very thin brush.

The liquid liner works best on the upper lid. The creamy pencil works well on upper & lower lids.

Lately I've been doing a double single thin line of liner at the upper lid in two different colors for fun!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @tdog. After using every eyeliner I've thought worthwhile, I really liked Skinn's chubby liners and have worn them at least a year. Long time for me.

However always looking for something newer and better, I came upon Laura Geller's new Kajal eyeliners: three with very interesting colors. I am eagerly waiting for them to arrive and will write my findings when I do.

Reviews for these eyeliners are some of the best I've read, along with Bobbi Brown's. Like you, staying power has always been a problem with them moving all around and not lasting.

Regular Contributor

Because I have hooded eyes, every single eyeliner smudges, smears, and ends up on my crease. I have tried each and every one mentioned here, all the primers imaginable....anyways, I decided to have my eyeliner permanently tattooed on my upper lid last month. BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE!!!!! The line is very natural, not thick, no wings or anything weird.  I wake up and my eyes look so defined, and it's one less thing I have to apply and fight with. It cost me $200 and I had it done in about 20 minutes. I was told to get a re-touch in about 2 years, because it will fade. I am going to do the lower lid and microblade my eyebrows too. And I'm also looking to do the Lip Blush, which is a full lip tattoo (not just a lip line). The result is a tint of color, so all you need to do is apply a balm or gloss, or nothing at all. You can still use any lip color you want over it. Oh, and I have also used eyeliners over my permanent eyeliner. The only one that stays put is Illuminare. 

Super Contributor

@tdog

I use a Bobby Brown gel eyeliner pencil in the waterline and for extra staying power I go over the line with a dark brown eyeshadow  -  currently using tart "rainforest " formula 

I do not have  sensitive  eyes and and am able  to apply the eyeshadow on top of the gel liner in the waterline And smudge it slightly

I also sometimes tight line the top with the new doll 10  hydra gel cream eyeliner  - then let it dry and apply the eyeshadow over it with a very thin Mac slanted brush